Kill Plant

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas PaPaw":1s9xvijm said:
Woodville
Supposedly 300 jobs with it.
I don't see those jobs being filled from here. Anyone with any go is in the oil patch from drilling to refineries.
I suspect we will end up with an overnight Hispanic community to fill the vacancies.

Is the Riceland Farms project that was turned down by Port Arthur and Anahuac?
http://theexaminer.com/stories/news/pro ... rks-debate

"At the meeting, Tohme made the point that, in his opinion, Anahuac rejected Riceland Farms based on something other than the potential noxious smell of the industrial facility. He said he feels prejudice played a part.

"It wasn't about odor," Tohme said of Anahuac's refusal of the project. "It wasn't about the location of the facility. It was about the rejection of diversity We spoke a little while ago about, 'You're going to have Muslims slaughter the animal,' and that is correct, but these are going to be United States citizens that are Muslims that are part of this community. Would we be having this conversation in Anahuac, do you think, if this was a kosher meat-processing facility? Probably not. I believe the diversity, from the little bit of information that I gathered, was the big issue."

Will this be a non stun plant??? Maybe you should look at the mess in the non stun Kosher plant that closed in Iowa a few years ago. I would not send cattle to a non stun plant. :(

Caustic Burno":bph2ctka said:
jehosofat":bph2ctka said:
If they hire muslims, make sure and carry a load of hogs there. :lol:

There is none here if they bring them in
the city council just committed political suicide.
If you ain't got no Muslims, you ain't got no convienance stores. :lol:

Latest posts