Kids think bacon comes from a plant

Help Support CattleToday:

The kids are right, you sir have never toured a Hormel plant. :)
That leaves a lot open for interpretation. Kinda hanging out on a limb, perhaps with the respondents reaching for low hanging fruit. Hard to cultivate an opinion of the study with no more information than that.
(I have never been inside a really large processing plant either)

We are in situations where people frequently ask a lot of questions about farming and livestock.
Some think white eggs have been bleached.
Bulls have horns and cows don't.
Why wean calves,
Most folks are several generations removed from agriculture and don't have any idea about it.
Not a problem until they get elected and decide Ag policy.

These "studies" are all nothing more than clickbait any more. For all we know they asked 10 preschoolers.

Maybe clickbait... I just asked my 4 year old she said PIG. Like I was stupid.
Later I asked my Kindergartener he said Pig mom. 🤣🤷🏽‍♀️

Do ya'll know were chicken nuggets come from? 😆 or chicken wings.
Buffalo wings... now that's strange... I didn't know buffalo had wings. 😂

Large processing plants are deceiving from the exterior. I once toured a very large (train running thru plant for loading) Carnation plant. Was not told before going in what products were produced. Turned out no milk products. They were one of the largest plants making vienna sausage, hot dog weiners, chili and beef stew in a can. They made them, canned them then applied different labels as required by order, and on the train for shipment. This plant had one of the largest drive-in deep freezers for fork lifts also. I found the tour very interesting. Not sure of the location. maybe Iowa. This was when I was flying corporate and don't recall the trip exactly.

when I was a kid we had a visiting family from the city and their 7 year old son asked why the pigs didn't have curly tails.

We had a 6 month old blue butt Gilt the neighbor twins loved her. When it was time to butcher her, one of the girls said Uncle Scott can we make the whole pig into bacon?🤣🤣🥰🥰
I had a potential customer tell me one time that if he bought a beef from me he wanted all steak, I said I bet, don't we all. He was raised in the country just not around cattle, I just assume most people know things like this but I guess if that's not something you've been exposed to you just never think about it.

Latest posts