Kids - Something to think about

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT !

1. You spend the first two years of their life
teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend
the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.

2. Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own children

3. Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young.

4. Children seldom misquote you.
In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

5. The main purpose of holding children's parties
is to remind yourself that there are children
more awful than your own.

6. We childproofed our homes, but they are still getting in.

Am going through #3 as we speak. Have been for the past 7 years.

#6 is something we are going through again with grandchildren.

15 month old grandson learned a lesson. He slipped out of the living room on the wife and dug in behind the trophy case pulling out a fly trap tube. I had shaving cream all over my face in the bathroom, totally in the bare. I heard him screaming to the top of his lungs and ran to find him in the hall. The wife was there. He had gotten the sleeve off of the tube. He had both hands stuck to the glue tube and slid it in between his legs to try to pry his hands loose. Yep. Both calves and both thighs were also now stuck. He was totally locked helpless.

I didn't think about getting a picture at the time.

backhoeboogie":29pghtsc said:

15 month old grandson learned a lesson. He slipped out of the living room on the wife and dug in behind the trophy case pulling out a fly trap tube. I had shaving cream all over my face in the bathroom, totally in the bare. I heard him screaming to the top of his lungs and ran to find him in the hall. The wife was there. He had gotten the sleeve off of the tube. He had both hands stuck to the glue tube and slid it in between his legs to try to pry his hands loose. Yep. Both calves and both thighs were also now stuck. He was totally locked helpless.

that's funny! my daughter touched a fly trap, once. those are hard to get unstuck and get the sticky stuff off the hands. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a chicken get into one. It was a mess and there was no way to catch her to get the sticky off.

There is a type of bird (can't think of the name now), that sits 4 eggs just to ensure that 2 hatch. If all 4 hatch, she eats 2. I read that and thought, "Who says birds are dumb?" :roll:

backhoeboogie":l3pnlbm9 said:

He will be taking bicycles apart before he is out of pre-school!
Sounds like the engineer gene is alive and well. :lol:

Yep been thru #4 a few times and its always very interesting, once its said, ahh can't really say anything to make it better, if U all know what I mean-kids!

Gail

john250":2tg4ed5m said:
He will be taking bicycles apart before he is out of pre-school!
Sounds like the engineer gene is alive and well. :lol:

He loves to check the air in the tires but can't quite get the tire gauge on. He keeps trying. Tape measures fascinate him too. He can wreck a tool box in a hurry.

Maybe he will venture off into chemical engineering and figure out something to overcome the fly trap sticky.

Lava soap took it off of his hands. I was holding him at the sink and washing them over and over and mine too. There was so much of it on my hands that I couldn't touch much of anything. He was then set on the counter with his legs in the sink. Those little thighs are pretty tender. When we got done cleaning they were red but an hour later you couldn't tell it. He didn't have that much on his calves.

cowgirl580":3sr3270j said:
i think we ended up using gojo hand cleaner. goo gone may work also. don't know.

If I hadn't been bare naked, I could have gone to the truck and got some simple green, orange cream, or something like that. Don't know if there is any gojo left in the barn or shed. Mostly I was trying to get him out of his predicament, shush him, comfort him, and make everything alrgiht. I really wasn't thinking about getting pictures, or simple green or anything like that. I suppose if the lava soap and joy dish soap would not have worked, I would have gone on to something else. :lol:

I didn't get a single pic or video :mad:

hope i wasnt the only one who had to keep going back to see what the numbers said.

Latest posts