Kerry calls Dole

Help Support CattleToday:

Campground Cattle

Reaction score
Dole Defends Swiftees in Call From Kerry

Presidential candidate John Kerry telephoned former Sen. Bob Dole this morning to complain about Dole's demand a day earlier that he apologize to Vietnam veterans for protesting the war, the one-time Republican presidential candidate revealed Monday afternoon.

"John Kerry called me this morning, which surprised me," Dole told radio host Sean Hannity.

Story Continues Below

"He said he was very disappointed, we'd been friends. I said John, we're still friends, but [the Swiftvets] have First Amendment rights, just as your people have First Amendment rights.
Dole told Kerry, "I'm not trying to stir anything up, but I don't believe every one of these people who have talked about what happened are Republican liars.

"And very frankly, Bush is my guy, and I'm tired of people on your side calling him everything from a coward to a traitor to everything - a deserter."

Dole said he urged Kerry, "Why don't you call George Bush today and say, 'Mr. President, let's stop all this stuff about the National Guard and Vietnam - and let's talk about the issues."

Dole said Kerry responded, "I haven't spent one dime attacking President Bush."

But the Republican war hero shot back, "You don't have to. You've got all the so-called mainstream media, plus you've got MoveOn.org and all these other groups that have spent millions and millions of dollars trying to tarnish Bush's image."

"Don't tell me you don't know what some of these people are doing," he told Kerry.

"Everybody likes quiet heroes," Dole added, saying he told Kerry, "John, everybody knows you were in Vietnam and the less you say about it, the better."

Dole said he tried to end the tense conversation cordially by telling Kerry, "I wish you good luck, up to a point."

Campground Cattle":24zegea7 said:
"Everybody likes quiet heroes," Dole added.........
Bob Dole is certainly an expert on the subject of "quiet heroes."

Campground Cattle":24zegea7 said:
Dole....told Kerry, "John, everybody knows you were in Vietnam and the less you say about it, the better."
Great advice! Probably wasted.......

Thanks for sharing this, Camp!

I saw a thing on definitions yesterday, don't recall where.
The only one I remember was:

Texan - Big hat, no cattle

Don't take it personal

dun

dun":rmergbqd said:
I saw a thing on definitions yesterday, don't recall where.
The only one I remember was:

Texan - Big hat, no cattle

Don't take it personal

dun
What's that got to do with the Topic, Dun? Maybe you should go to your Sniping Topic and stay there. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's getting a little weary of your personal attacks on Texas and Texans! This is not the first time and many of us have taken notice.

Anyway, if you've got enough money to wager to make it worth me fooling with, I'll compare inventories with you any time you're ready!

Don't take it personal!

Don't feel bad Texan. Most people's definition of "Floridian" is: Senior citizen, bald, can't drive and retired Northerner. But then, I don't take that personally, it certainly doesn't apply to me. P.S. I've learned more about squeezing a dime out of cattle from groups that had small inventories.

Campground Cattle":1t32blen said:
Well I took it personal I don't understand what in the H@ll shots at Texas and fellow Texans has to do with the post.

Lighten up. It was a joke. The same category as texans all wear belt buckles the size of a professional wrestler, all texans ride horses, etc.

dun

People who make ignorant comments about Texans neither know them, or they are just jealous

Taxase does not need the US, we would be just as happy closing our bordes to the yankees, and keeping everything for ourselves

Big Hat No Cattle is what you call northerners, Texas has more cattle than any other state in the Nation, we are just bigger, thus we have more room for them, no cattle my FOOT,

They call Bush a Cowboy- Damn right he is , he raises Beefmasters, they do well in the environment where his Ranch is, his ranch, his family ranch, not his wife's ranch, he had a job and earned the money to buy it, unlike Kerry who's wife pays for everything, he could not even afford the interest on the notes he has taken out

Michelle Pankonien":cycs1p0s said:
People who make ignorant comments about Texans neither know them, or they are just jealous

Taxase does not need the US, we would be just as happy closing our bordes to the yankees, and keeping everything for ourselves

Big Hat No Cattle is what you call northerners, Texas has more cattle than any other state in the Nation, we are just bigger, thus we have more room for them, no cattle my FOOT,

They call Bush a Cowboy- be nice right he is , he raises Beefmasters, they do well in the environment where his Ranch is, his ranch, his family ranch, not his wife's ranch, he had a job and earned the money to buy it, unlike Kerry who's wife pays for everything, he could not even afford the interest on the notes he has taken out

I suppose everyone that wears a big hat in tx has cattle. Just like all of the city dwellers that have to have a big 4wd truck that never leave the pavement. Anymore it's gotten to the point around here that the only ones that wear big hats are some of the livestock auctioneers and cattle judges. Everyone wears a hat of some sort, but those that rival a sombrero in size are big hats.

dun

Boy, Texans sure are sensitive! Big hat, no cattle is a friendly joke! What's the matter with yall? Hey Dun, take a potshot at Floridians. Maybe it will distract them. Don't worry I won't get offended. When you know who and what you are, you don't really worry too much about what other people say. It's interesting to see how many people get all steamed when someone takes a shot at their particular preference of cattle too. But again, if your confident in what you have, who cares what others say? Pass me one of those sombreros, it's hot.

Latest posts