Kentucky

Help Support CattleToday:

Do any of the KY people know of a good place to get some Gelbvieh or Blonde d'Aquitaine heifers?

> Don't post a lot, but read most
> days. Down in SC KY, between
> Bowling Green and Glasgow.

[email protected]

For the Gelbvieh, go to <A HREF="http://www.piercefarm.com" TARGET="_blank">www.piercefarm.com</A> and they have a list of alot of breeders in Kentucky.

This information is greatly appreciated. Do you use any in your herd? What is your opinion on them?

> For the Gelbvieh, go to
> <A HREF="http://www.piercefarm.com" TARGET="_blank">www.piercefarm.com</A> and they have
> a list of alot of breeders in
> Kentucky.

[email protected]

I do not use any in my herd although I do like them. I'm getting mostly into Murray Grey which is alot like the gelbveih as far as characteristic's go. I have a few baldie's, and a few beltie's also. I have a small herd I run as a hobby. I spend alot more money on them then I make that's for sure.

We have a small herd of around 30. It is mostly mixed up pretty good. I am trying to get away from that. My goal is to eventually have a herd of maybe 3 different crosses for the cows, see which does best, and go from there. I've been thinking of these as possibilities (Limousin X Beefmaster, Hereford X Simmental, and Gelbvieh X Blonde d'Aquitaine) all bred to Black Angus. I know this will take a while, but it will be fun trying to do it. Maybe I should take a closer look at some Murray Greys.

> I do not use any in my herd
> although I do like them. I'm
> getting mostly into Murray Grey
> which is alot like the gelbveih as
> far as characteristic's go. I have
> a few baldie's, and a few beltie's
> also. I have a small herd I run as
> a hobby. I spend alot more money
> on them then I make that's for
> sure.

[email protected]

Sound's pretty good. I too like to play around with the crossing. I was looking for a good reg. Angus bull but after seeing this murray grey bull I have now, I just couldn't pass it up. He's a really nice one, and that lady I bought him from had a good operation going there. He's halter broke and has a really nice temperment and has been shown. I couldn't find a good angus around that had been worked with as much. Since I dont depend on making my money from the people at the sale barn, I dont worry very much about them being black although the murray grey will through you a black calf once in a while. I just buy whatever's easy to handle and nice to look at.

> Anyone posting from Kentucky? Never posted but live in mayfield ky. Raise brahmans

Latest posts