Kentucky Cattle Suck

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms said:
Now they're killing cattle in Kentucky for no reason
https://www.drovers.com/article/show-cattle-shot-killed-kentucky?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWkdJek9UazFabVV4TW1FeSIsInQiOiI3QlJNNlk2bnk0U2dCXC9MUVdYZHd6NlNWVTdNdVdicFZwNzZPc0RvVzliKzFkeXpyN1lPNk5wc0FqTG1UTFA0VVdoUnFXR2FMNGxVVUZYZGpcL0JLaHh3aGNEb0FGTDhRXC8wS3RpbGxMd2xJMFwvdFNPVTRDa0FuczR3WEg5QllcL3JFWWZXSEFBOVVocHFqNFNjamNiTVh1NDkwTUVzRnluSkJFVTdqQlpZN1Bibz0ifQ%3D%3D

That makes me ill. If you want retribution, then vandalize property but don't kill an animal.

Bright Raven said:
That makes me ill. If you want retribution, then vandalize property but don't kill an animal.

I couldn't agree any more. That's absolutely uncalled for, no matter the motive. Unacceptable and a pitiful excuse for a human being.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having multiple cams on entrances, barns, and facing up and down the frontage can help with things. They need to have night vision capability.

It's not a sure thing but if you have them filming 24/7 uploading to the cloud, chances are excellent that you can ID the vehicle and with today's technology even a plate number. Then you hand it over to the state police, not the local police. Let the state attorney's office handle things.

My neighbor thought all this was overkill until he was robbed, and he was formerly in law enforcement!

One more thing, having cellular connected cams are necessary as back up, and can be hidden much better. Well worth the cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckiamute said:
CreekAngus said:
I hope you all know I wrote the first post, tongue in cheek. It appears the Angus and Cattle biz in Kentucky is alive and well. I don't think a single bull will be sold in WA or OR for over $50,000 much less $20,000.
Kessler Angus in Milton-Freewater (Oregon) sold a son of Cowboy Up for $22,500 a few weeks ago. Hayter Ranch in Washington sold an Angus bull for, I think $21,000, last month. They may be few and far between, but there are some high-end sales here in the Pacific Northwest ... just none for $1.51 million! :D

Harrell's top Hereford bull sold for $42,500 this week.

fhug said:
Luckiamute said:
CreekAngus said:
I hope you all know I wrote the first post, tongue in cheek. It appears the Angus and Cattle biz in Kentucky is alive and well. I don't think a single bull will be sold in WA or OR for over $50,000 much less $20,000.
Kessler Angus in Milton-Freewater (Oregon) sold a son of Cowboy Up for $22,500 a few weeks ago. Hayter Ranch in Washington sold an Angus bull for, I think $21,000, last month. They may be few and far between, but there are some high-end sales here in the Pacific Northwest ... just none for $1.51 million! :D

Gulp! That's a lot more than the top at Thomas. Maybe no one had any money left when they went to the Thomas sale the next day, spent it all at Harrell's

CreekAngus said:
fhug said:
Luckiamute said:

Gulp! That's a lot more than the top at Thomas. Maybe no one had any money left when they went to the Thomas sale the next day, spent it all at Harrell's

Harrell average was $1,449 over Thomas average. Maybe they spent all there money at the "Cowboy Gathering" at the Geiser Grand the night between the two sales. I see the horses at the Harrell/McKenzie sale sold real well too. Altogether some serious cash got left in Baker County this week. The bulls brought a total of $1,615,149 plus probably another $150,000 for the horses.

Dave said:
CreekAngus said:
fhug said:

Harrell average was $1,449 over Thomas average. Maybe they spent all there money at the "Cowboy Gathering" at the Geiser Grand the night between the two sales. I see the horses at the Harrell/McKenzie sale sold real well too. Altogether some serious cash got left in Baker County this week. The bulls brought a total of $1,615,149 plus probably another $150,000 for the horses.

Nice!