Kentucky 28 - (14) Miss State 7. This is crazy!

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
This is turning out to be one of the wettest years on record in Kentucky. Spring was like winter. Fall is like spring. Highest precipitation in February in history. Last night September was setting in fourth place for wettest September. It is pouring down and is suppose to rain every day through Thursday. So it is going to be the wettest September in Kentucky on record.

The ides are falling on us this year. A very inauspicious year.

This season is pretty wild. Old Dominion won over Va. Tech. Texas got itself back into the top 25. BYU is ranked again. Syracuse is looking pretty strong (for them at least). I hope it stays this exciting. We might have someone in the playoffs other than Alabama or THE Ohio State.

Bestoutwest":1d6708fg said:
This season is pretty wild. Old Dominion won over Va. Tech. Texas got itself back into the top 25. BYU is ranked again. Syracuse is looking pretty strong (for them at least). I hope it stays this exciting. We might have someone in the playoffs other than Alabama or THE Ohio State.

Bama will be there. This I can tell you.

TennesseeTuxedo":1zyiwmn6 said:
Bestoutwest":1zyiwmn6 said:

Yep. I agree. They've been on top or close to it for a while now. I'm not a Saban fan. He may be a great guy but he acts like a butthole on TV. BUT, he would be welcome to coach my team anytime. The numbers don't lie. He very well may be the best ever.

JMJ Farms":2az27j63 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2az27j63 said:
Bestoutwest":2az27j63 said:

Yep. I agree. They've been on top or close to it for a while now. I'm not a Saban fan. He may be a great guy but he acts like a butthole on TV. BUT, he would be welcome to coach my team anytime. The numbers don't lie. He very well may be the best ever.

He needs a cape b/c he's a super butthole. I'm sure hoping they have a hiccup and somehow miss the cut. Wisconsin managed to do it, so can Bama! Roll Tide and fall!

Bestoutwest":diw0kxhe said:
JMJ Farms":diw0kxhe said:
TennesseeTuxedo":diw0kxhe said:

He needs a cape b/c he's a super butthole. I'm sure hoping they have a hiccup and somehow miss the cut. Wisconsin managed to do it, so can Bama! Roll Tide and fall!

Best. I am not a sports fan but I lurk. I don't watch games but for some reason, I do watch sports news and read.

Why is he a butthole? Dang it. He is doing what he is paid to do. He is not auditioning for " Mr. CONGENIALITY". I still say most of the dislike for him is "sour grapes".

Bright Raven":3000w3jl said:
Best. I am not a sports fan but I lurk. I don't watch games but for some reason, I do watch sports news and read.

Why is he a butthole? Dang it. He is doing what he is paid to do. He is not auditioning for " Mr. CONGENIALITY". I still say most of the dislike for him is "sour grapes".

I understand "passion" and getting upset when things don't go your way during sports. I've played, watched, been a ref, etc. There isn't a place in sports for just undressing someone verbally b/c they made a mistake in a game. Unless it's life or death (ex. war, trauma room, OR when someone is crapping out), there's no need for screaming at someone. Just because there's big money involved doesn't make it excusable.

As for the sour grapes, in the grand scheme of the universe who cares who wins at throwing a leather covered air bladder on Saturday or Sunday. I have no team. No skin in the game. But I enjoy watching a coach that coaches by lifting players up than tearing them down. Washington's Chris Peterson is a good example. Pete Carroll is another.

Here's a good example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX-JGDBd4ls

Bestoutwest":18vyuu31 said:
Bright Raven":18vyuu31 said:

I understand "passion" and getting upset when things don't go your way during sports. I've played, watched, been a ref, etc. There isn't a place in sports for just undressing someone verbally b/c they made a mistake in a game. Unless it's life or death (ex. war, trauma room, OR when someone is crapping out), there's no need for screaming at someone. Just because there's big money involved doesn't make it excusable.

As for the sour grapes, in the grand scheme of the universe who cares who wins at throwing a leather covered air bladder on Saturday or Sunday. I have no team. No skin in the game. But I enjoy watching a coach that coaches by lifting players up than tearing them down. Washington's Chris Peterson is a good example. Pete Carroll is another.

Here's a good example.

Best. I don't have a problem with his behavior in that clip. When you are paid what he is to win, that goes with the territory. If that is what is fueling his success, more power to him.

Bright Raven":383970xu said:
Bestoutwest":383970xu said:
Bright Raven":383970xu said:

Here's a good example.

Best. I don't have a problem with his behavior in that clip. When you are paid what he is to win, that goes with the territory. If that is what is fueling his success, more power to him.

At what salary level is it acceptable to treat people like that? Where's the cutoff when you aren't supposed to do that?

Bestoutwest":167jm95s said:
Bright Raven":167jm95s said:
Bestoutwest":167jm95s said:

Here's a good example.

At what salary level is it acceptable to treat people like that? Where's the cutoff when you aren't supposed to do that?

Are you tellin me you never had a boss chew your azz out? I would say it gets worse at lower pay levels. Lol

Bright Raven":hud3pz3d said:
Bestoutwest":hud3pz3d said:

I have, and it was undeserved. I should have quit, but I wasn't as ballsy as I am today. I have also been yelled at by MDs, PHDs and patients who were lucky their brain continued the breathing response. I will stand by my original assessment that unless it's life or death, there's no reason the yell at someone.

There was a helluva lot more going on between Kiffin and Saban at that time than just a crap play call that resulted in a fumble. Tensions were high behind the scenes.
Saban is the top of the food chain in college football. Strong type A personalities have little to no patience for anything less than perfection. It's why his team's are consistently elite. I played my high school ball for a similar type of coach. He remains one of the winningest coaches in Indiana HS football history and he's been dead for almost 20 years. The fact is this type of behavior correlates to high level accountability which correlates to success. It has worked effectively for centuries in military training also. It's never fun to be the recipient.
As far as life and death goes, football in Alabama. Nuff said! :p

I don't follow sports AT ALL, but if the ends always justify the means, I want no part of it. I've spent my life around narcissists and can't stand them... I'm not stupid, I know when I screwed up.

Big question, how is he when things are going well? Is he still an arse.. There has to be balance and reward.. You might be able to beat a dog into obeying, but it's unlikely to be a loyal dog.

Nesikep":32sycyrs said:
I don't follow sports AT ALL, but if the ends always justify the means, I want no part of it. I've spent my life around narcissists and can't stand them... I'm not stupid, I know when I screwed up.

Big question, how is he when things are going well? Is he still an arse.. There has to be balance and reward.. You might be able to beat a dog into obeying, but it's unlikely to be a loyal dog.

My good friend, they pay these guys to WIN. That is what they pay them to do. The only things they cannot do is get caught cheating or beating their wives.

Nesikep":3uzogv3l said:
Perhaps that's the problem.. it's gone from a sport to a career, to "nothing else matters"

Exactly. It is a way of life. I don't have the affection but I understand it.

Why should it be any different in sports than it is in life? If you wake up in the morning and go to your job or your business and say hey I hope that I can be second best today, than your not setting your goals high enough, if you put in the effort to be 1st the effort will pay off, in the long run, just my :2cents:

haase":2e3z6yap said:
Why should it be any different in sports than it is in life? If you wake up in the morning and go to your job or your business and say hey I hope that I can be second best today, than your not setting your goals high enough, if you put in the effort to be 1st the effort will pay off, in the long run, just my :2cents:

I dunno about that....maybe there's something to be said for mediocrity and blending in...........& when running from the lions and zombies, you don't have to be fastest, just faster than the slowest in your group.

haase":3u2307eu said:

There's no requirement that you have to be a butthole to people around you to be the best. Saban is an absolutely awesome coach. No arguing that. And it's a good thing. Because if he were anything less, his antics wouldn't be tolerated.

I'm a borderline perfectionist myself, but the day I have to start stomping my hat, or throwing my hammer across the room, or screaming and cussing my employees because they cut a board the wrong length or dropped a drill off the ladder is the day I will quit or either find some new ones.

There are different ways to handle problems, whether it be life or football. I don't approve of many of his. But, I say again, he is an absolutely phenomenal coach. And obviously a good teacher as well bc Kirby Smart is doing it to it down here at UGA. GO DAWGS!

Latest posts