Kent mineral price going up.

Help Support CattleToday:

DTA ranch

Reaction score
I was told by my local feed dealer that Kent mineral 365 is going up 7 dollars a bag by June first. I pay $18.00 a bag now. Has anybody heard the mineral you use is going up?

rk":hpb3535g said:
All brands are/will be going up. Phosphorus cost increase mainly.

DTA, feed company said phosphorus is going up something like $250 per ton 4/1. Also vitamins have shot thru the roof as well as the various minerals. Heck even the things added to the mineral to make it palatable (cottonseed meal, dried molasses, ddg etc) have shot up. Don't look for it to come down anytime soon. :x

How can you afford 18.00 a bag? I got real excited when I learned about wind and rain mineral. I got a couple of bags; at a little over 20.00 a bag :help: . The cows and calve loved it; cleaned it up quick too but I didn't see that great of an improvment from my prior program. I wasn't really trying to fix anything just thought I would try it. I didn't expect to pay that much either. Kind of a "HOW MUCH A BAG well it must be good" .

Master Gain Hi-Mag Endo Fighter with WM IGR/CTC ---------------- 0.7696 lb

That just seems entirely too expensive.

MoGal":1nhwnob5 said:
Master Gain Hi-Mag Endo Fighter with WM IGR/CTC ---------------- 0.7696 lb

That just seems entirely too expensive.

Sounds outrageous to me as well. IGR is expensive but CTC is cheap. Don't know why anyone would want to force feed CTC in a mineral anyway. You should still be able to get a good mineral for less than $20 a bag. If not I'd sure wonder why not!!

TNMasterBeefProducer":hcx97nta said:
Who cares? I dont feed kent minerals. I never liked em much anyways.
It doesn't matter. Whatever brand of mineral you buy will cost you much more per bag 4/1 than today so would be a good idea to stock up while you can. It won't be getting any cheaper anytime soon.

Latest posts