Kenny's Post got me thinking

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Kenny's post about killing something that is protected but doesn't exist got me to wondering. What would happen if you killed bigfoot and it turned out he was a Homo Salapian or some kin to Homo Sapian. Would this be treated as homicide?

(this might be a 3 pipe problem here)

Someday I'm going to post a pic of myself. Might even do it as police line up. It would be funny.

jedstivers":1djqhh3l said:
Run Bigfoot run.
Run heck--get on that bicycle by the mancave a pedal like the wind!!

As far as I know, here in Texas, any animal species not on the endangered protected list and not having a season is fair game on private property as long as the hunter has landowner permission.
According to an official with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission, Bigfoot isn't listed as an endangered species, so you're free to kill as many as you want.

"If the Commission does not specifically list an indigenous, nongame species, then the species is considered nonprotected nongame wildlife," David Sinclair, direction of the law enforcement division at Texas Parks and Wildlife, wrote in an email response to a curious Bigfoot believer. "A nonprotected nongame animal may be hunted on private property with landowner consent by any means, at any time and there is no bag limit or possession limit."

This also applies to cougars in Texas.
On private land, cougars are not protected in Texas and can be killed legally year-round by anyone with a valid hunting license.

I can kill zombies, kill sasquatch, kill chupacabras, but lawd help me if they catch me shooting a danged crow or buzzard.

Jogeephus":1fs1decg said:
Kenny's post about killing something that is protected but doesn't exist got me to wondering. What would happen if you killed bigfoot and it turned out he was a Homo Salapian or some kin to Homo Sapian. Would this be treated as homicide?

(this might be a 3 pipe problem here)

Pretty sure the DA would try to prosecute it as a hate crime today. But it is a good question. If you could prove you didn't know he was one before you did it, you might be able to get it dropped to just homicide or man slaughter. Either way, I don't think he is going to like you talking like that about him. :secret:

Sorry Bigfoot I didn't mean you. I meant the one that romps through the woods at night walking in front of cars and scaring campers and stuff. What I meant to say, I meant the other one who doesn't live in Kentucky.

The other year someone shot a llama while hunting deer. He got away with it because there are no hunting rules for species that are not officially there.

I definately think it matters what state(as in political boundry,"I was in a drunken state" doesn't work :( ) you're in. Out here there are game animals, which have a season, non-game animals that you can shoot under certain conditions any time of year, and every other kind of critter is strictly off limits. :frowns:
You can literaly get in more trouble for shooting a mountain lion here than you can for shooting a gang rival. I don't have any gang rivals to shoot but I'm considering trying my hand there to get warmed up for lion problems.

This is getting political but I'm curious. If you happened to be in a "Drunken State", would it not be permissable to have your own State Laws? Since it doesn't look like I will ever become the supreme ruler of the universe this might be a start. :mrgreen:

Latest posts