Kennel Dogs

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Not mine, where do your dogs sleep?
p10100832.jpg

One sleeps on the floor under the bed and the other one sleeps on the back porch on a bayou chair. Makes an awful noise when he jumps up on it.

Mine sleep on pine straw in tar barrels in pens at night. In the day when they're out, they sleep in holes they dig in the cool ground under some shade.

If it is nice out at night Bo and Pinta stay outside if not they have their own bed in our bedroom and sleep there. Steff sleeps where she wants, she usually sleeps in the living room unless it is thundering then she sleeps in the foyer outside our bedroom. A few days after we brought Steff. home from the hospital she slept on the bed with us but now that she knows she has not been abandoned she is back to her normal routine. But, if she wanted to I would let her sleep on the bed still, she's special.

Syd sleep wherever he wants.

The two "special" ones sleep on the bedroom floor. The other three sleep outside in their runs. If the temp is extemely hot or cold they will spend more time inside in crates, but we try to avoid crating them for too long.

The 15-year-old pomeranian has a doggie bed at the foot of our bed, but he prefers to sleep on our dirty clothes in the laundry basket. The 90 pound lab/newfoundland gets a corner of our bed, or during hot weather he stretches out on the hardwood floor next to the bed, where you'll be sure to step on him in the morning. (Exactly the same as the 150-pound Great Dane we used to have, he channels her a lot.) Then there's a 100 pound lab/bloodhound who sleeps in my dad's room. She decided about the 2nd day she was here that she is his dog and doesn't like to let him out of her sight.

We have had outside dogs in the past, but the current three all have house privileges. Gettin' soft in our old age I guess.

With her head on my pillow, and her nose just shy of touching mine till I tell her to knock it off. Then she moves to a different spot on the bed. If it is hot she will jump down and lay on the hardwood floor.

MO_cows":266qsvym said:
The 15-year-old pomeranian has a doggie bed at the foot of our bed, but he prefers to sleep on our dirty clothes in the laundry basket. The 90 pound lab/newfoundland gets a corner of our bed, or during hot weather he stretches out on the hardwood floor next to the bed, where you'll be sure to step on him in the morning. (Exactly the same as the 150-pound Great Dane we used to have, he channels her a lot.) Then there's a 100 pound lab/bloodhound who sleeps in my dad's room. She decided about the 2nd day she was here that she is his dog and doesn't like to let him out of her sight.

We have had outside dogs in the past, but the current three all have house privileges. Gettin' soft in our old age I guess.

Cole did this when he was a house dog. We have a chute that goes into a cabinet in the bathroom where the laundry goes and he would nose the door open and sleep in there. He used to sleep on the bed until he had explosive poops one night. That will wake you up. :eek:

I had a dog that preferred to sleep on my husband's shirts. If you crated her and gave her an old shirt of his, she'd do good. If not, it was likely that she'd mutiny.

Right in front of the back door, so I can't sneak out and try do something without her. She likes to be included....

angie":3hkbxfmx said:
With her head on my pillow, and her nose just shy of touching mine till I tell her to knock it off. Then she moves to a different spot on the bed. If it is hot she will jump down and lay on the hardwood floor.

Angie..nothing smells as sweet as a puppy's breath...now a dog...probably smells like whatever he ate or rolled in that day. :lol2:

TexasBred":27hrqo7q said:
Angie..nothing smells as sweet as a puppy's breath...now a dog...probably smells like whatever he ate or rolled in that day. :lol2:
Its not that her breath smells or anything. Its just nasty breathing in what she breathes out ~ back and forth like that, hot sticky breath after hot sticky breath. Yuck! (Seriously ~ whoever is reading this now is thinking "yuck!"). I mean why even bother if thats the best you can do, right? ...... man, git outta here dog.... I love you, but you're grossing me out.

LazyARanch":yrncn840 said:
LOL!! OMG Angie that made me laugh!! :lol:

made me think of my husband.... hehe

Me too. If your dog farts a lot in his sleep then he and Steve had a lot in common. :oops:

Lammie":yw8rabsy said:
LazyARanch":yw8rabsy said:
LOL!! OMG Angie that made me laugh!! :lol:

made me think of my husband.... hehe

Me too. If your dog farts a lot in his sleep then he and Steve had a lot in common. :oops:

Lammie...when you need a little more cover or a little more room in the bed, farting is the easiest way to get it without asking or begging. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Tuck your dog in with a good blanket, will filter the fart perty good. :shock: :stop:

TexasBred":qun58dtu said:
angie":qun58dtu said:

Tex, that is so true.
Tom.