Kencove Fence Energizer

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Looking at a 24 Joule Kencove fence chargers for a new section of high tensile fence we put up. Have Gallagher solar chargers on other parts of the farm without power so this is the first time I can use an AC powered chargers. Based on price, output and warranty these Kencove's look better than Gallagher's on paper. Any thoughts or experiences?

Fence repair guy told me that Kencove was foreign made. I have no idea but they work pretty well, the remote is a bit less useful than other brands but functions fine. Lightening got mine, I sent it for repair to an independent repair guy and it came back with more power than it had new. I really liked that. For the $s - OK.

Kencove is good. So are Parmak, Cyclops, and Stayfix. Does the Kencove you are looking at have the remote? That is a very handy feature to have.

Speedrite is now making them too. I would like to see the reviews on this bad boy.

Speedrite 63 Joule
Too pricy for me, but would like to know how they work. I like the Speedrite fence testers. I keep one on my ranger and one in my truck.

Fence repair guy told me that Kencove was foreign made. I have no idea but they work pretty well, the remote is a bit less useful than other brands but functions fine. Lightening got mine, I sent it for repair to an independent repair guy and it came back with more power than it had new. I really liked that. For the $s - OK.
If HDrider is right that they are made by Stayfix, then they would be Australian made.

Speedrite and Stafix are the same chargers. They're good. Cyclops has the biggest all Made in America unit built, have heard nothing but good things about them. I've got the biggest Zareba unit (American made too), has been good to me too, but they only come up to 15 joule.

Speedrite and Stafix are the same chargers. They're good. Cyclops has the biggest all Made in America unit built, have heard nothing but good things about them. I've got the biggest Zareba unit (American made too), has been good to me too, but they only come up to 15 joule.
I have 2 StaFix and one Cyclops. Lightening got my Cyclops and they fixed it and returned it in just s few days.

Stafix and Cyclops are my preference.

Lightning will kill any of them, but I have the most trouble with Parmaks.

I believe speedrite has a 63 joule output , I think Cyclops biggest is 32. I have a Gallagher m1500 with 15 joules and for my place it runs at around 7300v and my cows hardly ever touch it and never on purpose. Lol. If I ever have to get another charger it will have a remote where it can be shut off and on from anywhere on the fence.

Latest posts