Keep or Eat?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M

Reaction score
Let me know your thoughts on these 2. They are both just shy of 11 mos old. Ai calves from SAV Bruiser. Both out of 1st time heifers.
The first is #5. His mama is 1/2 angus, 1/2 gelbvieh.:

The next is #1. His mama is a reg Limo.

I need to replace a couple older bulls, and I'm not sure if these 2 are worthy or not. I really like both their mothers, and these 2 were both standouts in the fall calves. Not sure on their weights. 1 is bigger framed, but 5 is thicker and smoother made. Haven't had a BSE done yet.

Another or 5:

A little better one of 1 (he would not hold still):

Second picture of #5 confirms my pick. He looks nice. I don't like the front on #1. Might be the Limo influence. ;-)

Bright Raven":3btoztzs said:
Second picture of #5 confirms my pick. He looks nice. I don't like the front on #1. Might be the Limo influence. ;-)
Thanks. I thought this might be interesting since they share the same sire, but have totally different breeds on the maternal side

Lazy M":1ljesyno said:
Bright Raven":1ljesyno said:
Thanks. I thought this might be interesting since they share the same sire, but have totally different breeds on the maternal side

Welcome. I saw the Limo on the #1. Couple guys here within a mile have Limo bulls. Johnny's is long but not deep. Until I put up two strands of hot wire on Johnny's side, he came over twice. Totally clears the top wire. I got that fixed. The other guy is Adrian. Luke, Farm Fence Solutions. Ask Luke what Adrian said about how wild his cattle are. Adrian has since gone to an Angus bull. That alone would shy me away from #1. But I think #5 has a great phenotype.

I prefer #5 and would sure let him develop a while. You know his mother. The limo would keep me from retaining #1 but many like them so that will be your decision. To be honest I couldn't make a fair judgement of him because of the limo. But to be fair the calves we got from the half Gelveigh bull aren't real docile and hard to handle by themselves. Not near as easy to handle as our Angus and Herefords.

Latest posts