Help Support CattleToday:

What would you do?

• Keep her?

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Sell her?

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Show us the baby calves you got;)
The lil black heifer is in my bottle calf thread.
The other 3 are going on grain and grass. I'll get a couple good pics b4 long.

I had friend at the sale today. They were selling out a herd of beefmasters and split ALL the calves off.
I told him if they have a dark dark red bull I'd go up to 250 for a 100 to 125 pound calf I could bottle and make a herd bull I can load with a halter.
I was TOO specific.

They sold a 55 pounder for 200.
He said he didnt bid because he was outside my parameters.... lmao

He DID bid on a couple that fit my description. They went for 425 and up!

The lil black heifer is in my bottle calf thread.
The other 3 are going on grain and grass. I'll get a couple good pics b4 long.

I had friend at the sale today. They were selling out a herd of beefmasters and split ALL the calves off.
I told him if they have a dark dark red bull I'd go up to 250 for a 100 to 125 pound calf I could bottle and make a herd bull I can load with a halter.
I was TOO specific.

They sold a 55 pounder for 200.
He said he didnt bid because he was outside my parameters.... lmao

He DID bid on a couple that fit my description. They went for 425 and up!
Nutz for how much them little calves went for! Did your friend mention what thise beefmaster females (cows) were bringing?

Would anyone want a bull with a BW of 55#??
And I think you meant to say 2 year olds, not yearlings?? with calf.
He probly did me a favor on the beefmaster bull calf! Lol

Vet called em 1 year olds. Lol
One pair weighed 750. WITH CALF!
The other pair is 775. Again. With calf!
Babies having babies...

20210722_071920.jpg

This may help put the first calf pairs size into perspective. Vet mentioned something about not having 2 year old teeth or something like that? Idk for sure what that means.
The calf closest to me is my 3 and half month old bottle calf, next to the 2 new mamas. She is 300 pounds tops!
Probly 250.
The calf on the far end is the black heiferettes bull/steer calf.
Yes.... I'm feeding/spoiling them a lil bit. I figure a taste of daily feed will help em with growth and most importantly, milk!
20210726_182613.jpg
O. And the beefmaster cows went from 40 to 79 per hundred weight. Most went to slaughter. Some were rather large.
Baby calves went from 200 to 510!

This may help put the first calf pairs size into perspective. Vet mentioned something about not having 2 year old teeth or something like that? Idk for sure what that means.
The calf closest to me is my 3 and half month old bottle calf, next to the 2 new mamas. She is 300 pounds tops!
Probly 250.
The calf on the far end is the black heiferettes bull/steer calf.
Yes.... I'm feeding/spoiling them a lil bit. I figure a taste of daily feed will help em with growth and most importantly, milk!
View attachment 6460
O. And the beefmaster cows went from 40 to 79 per hundred weight. Most went to slaughter. Some were rather large.
Baby calves went from 200 to 510!
A little extra feed for new mamas aint never a bad thing. Especially for their size.

So regular price for the cows. Shoulda went. Gotta get rid a few cows myself. Need a couple replacements.

A little extra feed for new mamas aint never a bad thing. Especially for their size.

So regular price for the cows. Shoulda went. Gotta get rid a few cows myself. Need a couple replacements.
Yeah. I think there would've been a handful of good cows to be bought in the group. Some were older. But several 5 and 6 year olds. But when they weigh 1400-1500 pounds it adds up!