Keep it real

Help Support CattleToday:

The human digestive system is not even close to herbivore. We somewhere between a pig and a dog. Our stomach PH is 1.5-2.0. which is closer to a carrion feeder than a herbivore who's stomach PH 5.5-7.7.

In short, we can eat vegetables but we don't do a very good job of it. When people say "we don't eat enough fruits and vegetables" they're basically quoting nonsense.

Was being a vegetarian even possible 100 years ago?

The carbs in your vegetarian diet stimulate hunger. If you replace carbs and sugar with animal fat you will eat less. Once you become adapted to using fat as your energy source your body will burn body fat instead of craving more carbs. Fasting becomes easy. There's no difference in a potato or rice, bread etc and a Snickers bar in relation to how it is used by your body.
The key here is insulin

High fat diet (animal fat or vegetable like olive oil, avacado, but no seed oils) will keep you from getting hungry. Carbs require another sugar hit every three or four hours, which is why a diet high in carbs causes hunger and overeating for some of us. Cut the carbs and eat less total food, reduce inflammation and excess water retention, and stop the up and down blood sugar yoyo. Wish I had known this 20 years ago.

Yes. Inflammation and especially fatty liver cause a potbelly.
I forget the type fat that accumulates in the belly area, (visceral I think) but it is really hard to get rid of, as it is the last fat the body will utilize. The other kind of fat is subcutaneous. You can pinch subQ fat but see the bulging visceral fat from your abdomen but cannot pinch it as it is deeper within your body.
It's the visceral fat that causes all the bad stuff, like higher triglycerides and heart problems. There are relatively easy ways to get rid of it, but it's expensive and involves a weekly injection with a needle that is about 3/4" long and they are pretty painful. Prescription only and usually only if you are type2 diabetic. GLP-1 drugs.
Bydureon, Ozempic, Trulicity and a couple of others. I used bydureon for about 3 months and lost so much belly fat I had to cut my belts down in length and my jeans were falling off me. I believe they have at least one that is oral nowadays.

SubQ fat is usually all the way around belly, ass and extends down into the thighs front and back, giving you the pear shape, and visceral fat is usually or predominantly out in front and people with it are said to be more apple shaped.

After leaving the military, I have rarely eaten 3 meals/day. Maybe a bowl of oatmeal in the mornings but usually just 1 meal a day, late in the day or even at night and most of my problems come from, (as others have said) from too much 'white stuff'. Bread, rice and flour tortillas. Even my cardiologist told me I can eat all the beef I want but lay off the rice and white bread.

Last edited:
My grandparents sometimes did that too. They had breakfast, dinner, sometimes lunch in the middle of the afternoon, and then supper.
It'd only be threes seasons, spring, to plant, summer, to cultivate, and fall to harvest.

The carbs in your vegetarian diet stimulate hunger. If you replace carbs and sugar with animal fat you will eat less. Once you become adapted to using fat as your energy source your body will burn body fat instead of craving more carbs. Fasting becomes easy. There's no difference in a potato or rice, bread etc and a Snickers bar in relation to how it is used by your body.

Nothing about me eating meat sending me to the bathroom with the running poops 💩💩💩 can possible be healthy. I didn't choose the vegetarian life it choose me. I suck at the vegetable part. I'm not big on the fake meat either. They are okay every once in a while not really something I want. I'm really not a big eater...not big on sweets, potatoes, rice, bread.

Nothing about me eating meat sending me to the bathroom with the running poops 💩💩💩 can possible be healthy. I didn't choose the vegetarian life it choose me. I suck at the vegetable part. I'm not big on the fake meat either. They are okay every once in a while not really something I want. I'm really not a big eater...not big on sweets, potatoes, rice, bread.
Yet......
Maybe my butt is big haha
How's that work?😜😂😂😂

SavorEat is one of about 400 food tech startups and companies in Israel today, according to Anya Eldan, who manages ecosystem development activities in areas such as bio-convergent healthcare, alternative proteins, and climate-tech at the Israel Innovation Authority.

Food tech covers a very broad area that includes nutrition, packaging, food safety, processing systems, novel ingredients, and alternative proteins. The latter comprises plant-based substitutes for meat, dairy, and egg, cultured dairy, meat and seafood, insect proteins, and fermentation products and processes.

I am eating a real turkey today

Take a probiotic everyday.

Beyond Meat has poached two industry veterans from Tyson Foods for executive positions as it prepares for high-profile launches next year.

Doug Ramsey will assume the role of chief operating officer. He spent three decades at Tyson, overseeing its poultry and McDonald's businesses. His experience with the fast-food giant will be an asset for Beyond, which signed a three-year global deal with McDonald's earlier this year. Beyond also has partnerships with Taco Bell owner Yum Brands and PepsiCo.

Bernie Adcock will join as chief supply chain officer, a new role for Beyond, and will report to Ramsey. He also worked at Tyson for more than 30 years, focusing on operations and supply chain management.

″[Ramsey and Adcock] understand better than almost anybody the large-scale production of protein at a cost structure that everyday consumers can afford," Beyond Meat CEO Ethan Brown said in an interview.

Do you have that meat allergy that comes from ticks?

I had an uncle that because of his rheumatoid arthritis changed to a vegetarian diet after his doctor wanted to put him on a drug that would maybe cause him to go blind. He did a beet juice and carrot juice fast for two weeks and then did vegetarian diet. Before he could hardly turn the key in his truck with two hands, not long after starting the diet he was back to riding his horses. Before he died he was starting to put a little fish into his diet. Eventually leukemia got the best of him.

Latest posts