Keep it real

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Beyond Meat has taken another dive after warning on third-quarter sales.

The alternative meat company fell 12% to close out last week after blaming the Covid-19 delta variant and a drop in retail orders for weaker revenue than expected ahead of its official quarterly release scheduled for early November.

The stock is down nearly 60% since a January peak and still well off an all-time high above $230 set in mid-2019. It traded at less than $96 on Friday.

"The company is really misunderstood here in some ways," Schlossberg told CNBC's "Trading Nation" on Friday. "There's a future for the company but it really doesn't lie in meat. Its meat product is OK, let's admit it. The future of all of these products is actually going to be much more in synthetic poultry and pork."

He said the texture and taste is easier to replicate with poultry and pork compared with beef. Beyond launched its Beyond Chicken line in Canadian and U.S. restaurants in July and expanded it to select grocery stores this month.

Maybe it has a future. I simply do not know

Beyond Meat's stock cratered 17% in morning trading Thursday as Wall Street voiced doubts over the company's growth prospects.​
The plant-based meat maker reported disappointing third-quarter results after the bell on Wednesday. Its loss was wider than expected, while revenue fell short of expectations, even after a warning from the company last month. Beyond also issued a gloomy outlook that indicated sales wouldn't snap back immediately.​

Not only is it not meat it's not a healthy alternative.
I am not sure we can say that.

A Beyond Burger, includes 18 ingredients: water, pea protein isolate, expeller-pressed canola oil, refined coconut oil, rice protein, natural flavors, cocoa butter, mung bean protein, methylcellulose, potato starch, apple extract, salt, potassium chloride, vinegar, lemon juice concentrate, sunflower lecithin, pomegranate fruit powder, and beet juice extract (the beet juice give the burger its meat-like "blood").

1636651088895.png

Sodium, the new sugar. With Meneire's disease and blood pressure issues, sodium is something I have to really watch.
I've always had high cholesterol and high triglycerides, last year my liver enzymes were elevated due to the high triglycerides. I went and visited a holistic doctor and she taught me how to eat differently to address these issues. She said fat and meat was not the issue, carbs, sugar, processed foods and foods fried in vegetable oils were the problem. I try to remain under 130 carbs a day total, that includes any carbs from fruits and vegetables, I eat fatty meats daily. My wife said as much fat as I eat that she didn't see any way that my blood work would be better. My cholesterol went from 300 to 214, triglycerides went from 156 (have been in the 300 range before) to 98 and my liver enzymes were great. I lost about 15 lbs and 6" in the waist. I still need my cholesterol to get below 200 but it was definitely an improvement considering no medication.

We tried the carnivore diet for 3 weeks and the wife's blood glucose dropped from 125 to 110. Unfortunately, she hated the diet so we went back to intermittent fasting.

Intermittent fasting (no food from 9:00 p.m. til noon for me) and keep carbs to about 50 grams has helped in every category. Eat a lot of red meat and some cured meats and dairy. Did it to address type 2 diabetes and gout and it works. Sugar and simple carbs are poison.
What is the theory behind fasting?

The future of all of these products is actually going to be much more in synthetic poultry and pork."

He said the texture and taste is easier to replicate with poultry and pork compared with beef. Beyond launched its Beyond Chicken line in Canadian and U.S. restaurants in July and expanded it to select grocery stores this month.
Yuuuum. Fake white meat. Are the Chinese all in on this?

What is the theory behind fasting?
3 meals a day only started in the last 70 years or so. It never was the norm. Your body doesn't go into starvation mode until at least 48 hours. Prior to that you actually produce more growth hormone.

Intermittent fasting (no food from 9:00 p.m. til noon for me) and keep carbs to about 50 grams has helped in every category. Eat a lot of red meat and some cured meats and dairy. Did it to address type 2 diabetes and gout and it works. Sugar and simple carbs are poison.
We don't eat at all on Mondays and Wednesdays. Eat breakfast once a week. We basically eat no more than 7 meals a week.

Yuuuum. Fake white meat. Are the Chinese all in on this?
Not according to my neighbor.
Them folks like to know where their food comes from just like the rest of us!

We had fresh yardburd at his place a while back. There is definitely a difference tween home grown and store bought..
It actually tastes like chicken.

How you not eat? 🤨🤔 I'm bite everybody heads off and pass out.
The carbs in your vegetarian diet stimulate hunger. If you replace carbs and sugar with animal fat you will eat less. Once you become adapted to using fat as your energy source your body will burn body fat instead of craving more carbs. Fasting becomes easy. There's no difference in a potato or rice, bread etc and a Snickers bar in relation to how it is used by your body.

Latest posts