Keep it or take it back

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I bought a new vice and got it back to the barn and unboxed it and started to mount it on the welding table when I saw it had a warning label on it that said it contained stuff that was known to cause cancer in California. I specifically remember the exhibit model did not have this warning label and I'm really at a loss to know what to do. I guess all the talk about Glyphosate has me concerned. I don't believe I'll ever have need to use the vice in California but you just never know. Should I return it and get a more environmentally friendly noncancerous vice or just hope I never go to California? Confused.

If it were me I would probably just keep it, vices are heavy and could cause more harm while moving it around, hernias, mashed toes. I couldn't believe it but last week when boot shopping I saw that same kind of warning label on some boots, I went on and took a chance on them, KY is a long way from CA.

Just make sure you take a vitamin D and sulfur tablet before operating the vice and all will be fine. The label is a miss print, California is a cancer to US.

No, you didn't read it right, it contains things that cause cancer in california!.. as long as you aren't there, you'll be fine

It's probably just the adhesive under or the plastic film that the warning label is made of that is 'known to cause' cancer, ....which is why you didn't see the warning on the display model..it was perfectly safe..catch22...

that's how these alphabet agencies work.
"What do you want us to do?"
"Do what you do best. If you don't find a problem, create one or find something simple and complicate it"

you need to be more specific.....

exactly what is the nature of your new vice?

is this truly a new vice or have you back slid again into an improved version of an old vice?

Craig Miller":27vkohjm said:
Bright Raven":27vkohjm said:
You should be fine if you don't smoke it, use it to hold your food, or put your tally whacker in it.

I've put mine on way worse things than a vise

I would not admit that in writing on a forum that has things pop up in a google search.

pdfangus":2lm83s58 said:
you need to be more specific.....

exactly what is the nature of your new vice?

is this truly a new vice or have you back slid again into an improved version of an old vice?

You think he done gone and bought hisself a high gluten holding fixture?

pdfangus":2vn7ksee said:
Craig Miller":2vn7ksee said:
Bright Raven":2vn7ksee said:
You should be fine if you don't smoke it, use it to hold your food, or put your tally whacker in it.

I've put mine on way worse things than a vise

I would not admit that in writing on a forum that has things pop up in a google search.

I was talking about my food. What are you talking about