Keep it clean... and kind!

Help Support CattleToday:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
Remember this is a Coffee Shop with kids sitting at the table. Please don't tell jokes and use language that are more suitable for a beer joint.

And be kind to your fellow posters. Even though you disagree with their opinion and think they are a total idiot, please disagree in a nice manner.

Yeah I think more people should be kinder & care. I gonna try to be nicer. We should all be thankful, and know we are all in it together because we raise cattle and horses (and sometimes other animals)
Ellie May

Them are nice words here and the truth. Some Forums I have visited in the past consisted mainly of folks bashing each other or swear and cuss at each other by the slightest difference of opinion.
An old saying my father raised us on, among many others back in Europe, was. "Treat others the way you wish to be treated. If you can't do that than it is better to shut up." :cboy:

Another old saying that many times I wish I had payed attention to: It is better to keep my mouth shut and have people believe me ignorant, than to open it and remove all doubt.

its so much better to be nice to people. It can even make you feel better, I am not saying that you should not have an opinion just state your case and beg to differ.I am yet to read an inscription on a gravestone which reads,''Loved by all because he was always right.''

CattleManFromOuterSpace":126c35p6 said:
Yeah ollie should read this post as should jt and muratic and crowder and all the meanies on here.

I hope that is not what I think in your avatar, that is uncalled for :mad:

I totally agree Frenchie as anyone with any cow sense would know Ollie is one of the true Cattlmen on this board.

frenchie":17uinrgy said:
CattleManFromOuterSpace":17uinrgy said:
Yeah ollie should read this post as should jt and muratic and crowder and all the meanies on here.

I hope that is not what I think in your avatar, that is uncalled for :mad:
Yup. He's the TennCowJerk alright.

CattleManFromOuterSpace":2khyf7bo said:
Hey Spaceman,
If you're new on here, you don't really know us so how do you come to the conclusion that we're "meanies"? I would like to know what it's like flying to the stars,
past Jupiter, Venus, and Mars? And I wonder if anytime soon, you'll play Neil Armstrong and set foot on the moon? Also, does the moon's Tranquility Sea bear a strong resemblence to Tennessee? And while you're cruising through space and exploring unkown heavens, if you run across him, say "Hello" to TennesseeCattleman57! :D :D :D

stocky":21a7dp3i said:
Another old saying that many times I wish I had payed attention to: It is better to keep my mouth shut and have people believe me ignorant, than to open it and remove all doubt.

Samuel Clemens, who's b-day just passed, had a way with words. I don't think Mr. outerspace has read much from him.

M Gravlee":4vzq3nne said:
And be kind to your fellow posters. Even though you disagree with their opinion and think they are a total idiot, please disagree in a nice manner.
There once was a little boy who had a bad temper.
His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down.

He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all.

He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. They will need filling in now.

A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Friends are very rare jewels, indeed, they make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share words of praise and they always want to open their hearts to us.

I guess from time to time we all have had nails driven into our fences, and if we're honest we'd all have to admit we have driven nails into other people's fences as well.
The good news is that as we learn to love and forgive one another, and also learn to receive the forgiveness of others, the holes where the nails have been can be filled in so well that it will be barely noticeable that there was ever a hole there in the first place.

When you know you're in the wrong, eat humble pie and say that magic word, "Sorry!" and do whatever else may be necessary to show you mean it. It does a power of good.

I often think that the test of a good friendship isn't that you never fall out with each other, but how well you are able to make up afterwards and restore the friendship to its former glory. Sometimes a friendship can even grow stronger as a result!

Crikey there's some nuts in here all right . I'll have to step real careful like not to offend some poor souls sensibilities .

Where did I park that darn sledgehammer !

Just Curious":dwsf64lt said:
M Gravlee":dwsf64lt said:
There once was a little boy who had a bad temper.
His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down.

He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all.

He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. They will need filling in now.

A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Friends are very rare jewels, indeed, they make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share words of praise and they always want to open their hearts to us.

I guess from time to time we all have had nails driven into our fences, and if we're honest we'd all have to admit we have driven nails into other people's fences as well.
The good news is that as we learn to love and forgive one another, and also learn to receive the forgiveness of others, the holes where the nails have been can be filled in so well that it will be barely noticeable that there was ever a hole there in the first place.

When you know you're in the wrong, eat humble pie and say that magic word, "Sorry!" and do whatever else may be necessary to show you mean it. It does a power of good.

I often think that the test of a good friendship isn't that you never fall out with each other, but how well you are able to make up afterwards and restore the friendship to its former glory. Sometimes a friendship can even grow stronger as a result!

Hey I like that! :tiphat: Great story! Yea sometimes I forget my mouth gets to running 90 to nothing cussing left and right like I am sailor daughter, thanks for the reminder! :clap:

It's nice to have someone from a administrative position step in and put this out there. Common sense is only common if you have a unified regulation for it ;)

TY

I like the saying "If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say it all."

In whatever we do just be kind to each and everyone because we don't know what everyone is going through. An encouragement is already a big help to a stranger or someone in the cafe,

Latest posts