Kayla

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Got Kayla almost 15yrs ago, she was a GS X Ridge back. An amazing companion and watch dog. In the last couple of years she slowly went deaf and started loosing her eye sight and I suppose because of this developed a fear for the slightest storm. Her quality of life really deteriorated in the last month.

Anyway my big girl, I'm sure going to miss you - RIP

DSC03958_zps7c94d895.jpg

KAYLA-ROBERT007_zps94edd23c.jpg

What a beauty of a dog.. I am sure you will miss her very much.
My old blue heeler has lost her hearing,and is crippled in her right hip, but she still limps around with me (only around the yard) and barks at the cattle when they get too close to her fence..
thanks for sharing those photos.

Sorry for your loss Alison... always difficult to loose a trusty friend! We are starting to deal with some of the same issues now with our 14yo Yellow Lab... not looking forward to that day!

Brian

Sorry for your loss Ali. She was a beautiful girl. She looks like she could be a serious protector if need be.

I am so sorry Alison, Kayla was a beautiful gal .

Hopefully in time you can remember her and look at pics with a smile and not such a heavy heart :heart:

It is so hard saying good bye to our beloved pets , no matter how much time we have had with them it is never enough .

Beautiful dog! I know she will be missed, I feel your pain.

I have been blessed with four great dogs in my lifetime plus two that my wife had/has. Stella, my third, was the first one I had to have put down to old age. Had the vet put her to sleep Jan. 2012, It was so peaceful, I highly recommend it when their time comes. I cried to be sure, in fact I may have teared up just telling this story. You know when they pick you for their owner that with any luck they are never going to out live you, but still the journey is ultimately worth the pain of losing them.

Thanks for the words of comfort everyone, this house is sure empty without her!

TN Cattle Man - I feel for what you soon have to go through, all the best.

AudieW - You are so right, I had the vet come out and put her to sleep. She deserved that respect after being such a loyal companion for so many years.

I am so sorry Alison.....My heart breaks for your loss! I have been in your shoes also, and it never gets easier. I pray for your comfort, and just know that she will always be beside you in spirit. She was a very beautiful girl!

alisonb":1v0b9a66 said:
I had the vet come out and put her to sleep. She deserved that respect after being such a loyal companion for so many years.

:heart: X 2 :heart:

AudieWyoming":zefkw030 said:
alisonb":zefkw030 said:
I had the vet come out and put her to sleep. She deserved that respect after being such a loyal companion for so many years.

:heart: X 2 :heart:

We did that for Steffie and Bo , it was best for them and best for us . It is such a difficult time to begin with and I am just glad that we are financially stable enough to afford the option. Our vet also made a very generous donation to the human companion fund in each of their memories .

RIP beautiful Kayla ♥

I read a story about a 102 yr old man one day. He owned a little dog and told the writer it was #24. He had out lived 23 others.