Kawasaki Mule

Help Support CattleToday:

Check out the spare fuses rolled up in electrical tape. Look under the seat, you'll see what I'm talking about.

The solenoid won't suck in unless you whack it with a hammer. You have to pull the starter to replace the solenoid.
It looks like they took a running start and jammed it in the most impossible place to try and get a socket or box wrench.
I have the starter out and on the work bench finally.

The starters on them are a real joy, but you should try setting the valves! You almsot have to tear off the whole back end of the stupid thing to get to where you need to be to do it.
The starter on one mule started acting up a couple of months ago, acted like a dead spot on the comutator. After I talked to Kawasaki and found out how much a new one cost I decided we could bear with it till it finally died. After a couple of days it stopped messing up and has been perfect ever since.

Caustic Burno":2uejxzd4 said:
Dun I am totally convinced they shot that starter n with a big gun and it went splat on the engine.
I got pretty good at pulling the starters from the old 300 series. About once a year it would give up the ghost. I bought a used rebuilt one and when the one on the Mule would crap out I would pull it put the rebuils one on and ship the bad one to a guy in town that would rewind them for me. The next time it would crap out I would just swap it back in.

Latest posts