Kawasakai Mule Owners

Help Support CattleToday:

Mine has close to 900 hrs. on it. Fuel pump got fried and had to be replaced. The mud flaps keep getting torn off by brush and I'm fixin' to start cutting replacements from old tractor inner tubes. Nothing to really complain about except it rides like a paint mixer.

The little one doesn;t have an hour meter but it's been going strong for about 13 years, replaced the starter 5 years ago, starting to smoke a little if you leave it sit and idle for very long. The other one has 3500 hours. Replaced the temp sensor that turns on the cooling fan 3 years ago, last year redid the brakes, new belt in transmission and the shifter buttons in the transmission.

dun

We have a mule thats has 1500 hours on it and it runs really good.
Sam

HAY MAKER":2tndbxaa said:
My machine has a speedometer with mileage and a hour meter,IM guessing the older ones only had a hour meter ?

Our 4wd one has an add on speedometer/odometer but a built in hour meter. The 2wd doesn;t have either.

dun

Mine is a 3010 that's an '02 model year. It only came with an hour meter. I checked into getting a speedometer for spraying applications but Kawasaki is way too proud of their accessories.

Dunn, where did you get your speedometer? and does anyone's cooling fan seemingly turn on at random, sometimes even after you kill the engine?

milesvb":1sc4h18u said:
Mine is a 3010 that's an '02 model year. It only came with an hour meter. I checked into getting a speedometer for spraying applications but Kawasaki is way too proud of their accessories.

Dunn, where did you get your speedometer? and does anyone's cooling fan seemingly turn on at random, sometimes even after you kill the engine?

Yup. The fans have a mind of their own. :lol:

They work on water temp.

The speedometer was on it when I bought it. It was a dealers persoanl unit and he wanted a newer one.
On really hot days the fan will even come on if it hasn;t been driven, just from the heat of the sun. First time that happened I about had a heart attack. The sesor that runs that is the deal I had to replace because the fan wouldn;t come on at all. It's more of a problem getting the grill off and back on then it is to change the sensor.

dun

dun":3tmmtkys said:
The speedometer was on it when I bought it. It was a dealers persoanl unit and he wanted a newer one.
On really hot days the fan will even come on if it hasn;t been driven, just from the heat of the sun. First time that happened I about had a heart attack. The sesor that runs that is the deal I had to replace because the fan wouldn;t come on at all. It's more of a problem getting the grill off and back on then it is to change the sensor.

dun

IM begining to believe mine runs to much,seems like it takes a long time to cycle off,I dont remember it taking that long when it was new,guess it's just hotter now,I did'nt know they were that sensitive to come on without even being driven.
SO whats the secret to long life for these machines clean oil ?................good luck

HAY MAKER":3rfy402v said:
dun":3rfy402v said:

dun

IM begining to believe mine runs to much,seems like it takes a long time to cycle off,I dont remember it taking that long when it was new,guess it's just hotter now,I did'nt know they were that sensitive to come on without even being driven.
SO whats the secret to long life for these machines clean oil ?................good luck

No. Less whiskey! :lol:

I got into a bottle soon after I got mine to see how it would mud.

Stuck it up to the windshield. :roll:

MikeC":3bwkzzc9 said:
HAY MAKER":3bwkzzc9 said:
dun":3bwkzzc9 said:

dun

No. Less whiskey! :lol:

I got into a bottle soon after I got mine to see how it would mud.

Stuck it up to the windshield. :roll:

uh oh,mine might get worn pretty quick ;-) ..........good luck
PS kinda wish I looked at the gas models,this lil ole diesel can sure rattle :D

I just changed the filter and oil for the second time in it's life. Have you checked the water/antifreeze level, is the radiator blocked. On mine there is a screen inside the grill on the fornt of the radiator that gets a lot of seed coating it.

dun

We have a 2003 Model 3010. Never had a problem with it, has 410 hrs. on it. Had to buy some hardware for the tailgate yesterday and spent 109.00. It's got to be the handiest tool we have.

dun":3k4lz5xz said:
I just changed the filter and oil for the second time in it's life. Have you checked the water/antifreeze level, is the radiator blocked. On mine there is a screen inside the grill on the fornt of the radiator that gets a lot of seed coating it.

dun

No I have'nt checked it,but you can bet I will now,thanks for the tip..............good luck

Crowderfarms":2bea5gdj said:
We have a 2003 Model 3010. Never had a problem with it, has 410 hrs. on it. Had to buy some hardware for the tailgate yesterday and spent 109.00. It's got to be the handiest tool we have.

That's the biggest reason I bought mine,they just looked like they would be mighty handy around a place,I had an ole ford that got retired to fenceing chores feeding ETC,but there were always places it couldnt go especially when I was working on fence,sold it and bought this mule so far I am happy,cause it hauls feed or fencing tools pretty good............good luck

Just be careful not to ever put too much weight on the tailgate, because the cables break like thread, also check the spring loaded locking mechanisms on the tailgate for loosening from vibration. All in all I have to say I'm 100% satisfied with our Mule.

We have a 2005 600 model with 375 hours. Use it a lot! Often wonder what I did before I got it, it's so helpful.

One tip: don't get in the back bed unless the locking clamp that holds the bed in place is set. Don't ask how I know

Latest posts