Kathie in Thorp

Help Support CattleToday:

Thx! I'm fine! I haven't been on much -- haven't had much to contribute. Finally at Medicare vs. COBRA coverage. Well ... not sure if the last 6 mos. from my retirement have been productive, or just getting along. I was not happy about selling the cattle (yes -- to younger folks nearby, and they are doing well, I think. I'm not ready to go visit them yet). I had not planned my retirement as including selling the cattle, but I GET that the daily chores are harder for hubby who is older than me. Did garden, canning, etc. Cleaning house and too much accumulation like crazy. Made a few trips OR and ID to visit fam, and will be flying out to Hawaii in a couple weeks for 10 days of "I ain't never been there before," also fortunate to have fam there. Maybe an Alaska fishing trip next year. In the meantime, we are the "cattle grandparents" down the road for the folks that bought ours, if they need help or advice, and it's hard for me to shut up sometimes. So far, our winter has been pretty easy.

Latest posts