Kangaroo

Help Support CattleToday:

Dixieangus":38punglp said:
Does anyone know the meaning of kangaroo take a few cracks at it and ill tell you.
large foot.. i hate asking questions to folks that have access too that info right at their finger tips :p

Well here it is it means; I don't know...You see when Europeans went to Australia to scout it they took native tribe people on there scoutings and they would point to an animal and the tribe person would say what it was well when they pointed to the kangaroo the tribes person said kangaroo but what the Europeans didn't know was that kangaroo in the native peoples language ment I dont know... One of my teachers filled me in on that information...

alacattleman":2ic0577x said:
i hate asking questions to folks that have access too that info right at their finger tips :p
I spend way too much time guessing in general, and have lost patience with it ~ too often I am wrong.
That is interesting information DA!

cfpinz":gg5km7q2 said:
angie":gg5km7q2 said:
That is interesting information DA!

Who you callin dumbass, Yank? :wave:

So that's what that meant! :idea: I was staring at it going "what the he77 is DA?"

I get it!!! Blonde moment. Give me some slack. It's Friday. My brain hurts.

Lammie":3twbej43 said:
I know how you spend your days ~ you can have all the slack you need! :lol2:

angie":1drkupk0 said:
Lammie":1drkupk0 said:
I know how you spend your days ~ you can have all the slack you need! :lol2:

I only have two kids today, so it's a breeze. No one's gotten up in my face or called me a name or anything! I just kept waking up all night about every hour and it's telling on me now.

I do have the teachers v students dodgeball game to look forward to this afternoon. Hope my glasses survive.

Actually you almost have it, but not quite 100% right.

When the white settlers pointed to the kangaroo and asked what it was, the Aboriginal native said 'Kangaroo' which meant "I dont understand" because he didnt understand the question he was being asked (naturally, because it was asked in English :roll: ). The settler thought that 'Kangaroo' was what the Aboriginals called the animal, hence how it got its name.

Latest posts