Justin Boots

Help Support CattleToday:

I really like my Durango boots. Rubber soles, not good in the saddle (I like slick soles for that, rubber bites the stirrup and don't slide in or out good) but good for everything else. Lightweight and comfortable. Lasts about a year. Don't like they're made in China.

I have these after wearing out two pairs of Irish Setters of similar design. The Irish Setters were more comfortable. I got about a 3 years out of the two pair of Irish Setters.

I have had the Justin's for one year and they are holding up pretty good
Justin Original Work Boots Men's Worker II Waterproof Work Boot
1638796165299.png

I prefer a light leather sole to a rubber lugged sole. There's no problem with traction once leather is broken in. I find it comfortable as it forms like a leather glove does. Also easy to clean mud off with your pocket knife. Impossible with a lugged sole. The downside of course is durability. I don't have a problem buying a pair of boots every few months for comfort.

I can't even find Justin jmax boots in stock and I've been looking for months. Thinking of Danners now but read the leather is thin.
I wear the J-Max lace up to work everyday. I had a hard time finding a pair as well. They're a good boot, and American made. I never wear the boot out just outside edge of the heel, when that heel wears too much it starts causing knee and back trouble. I read that Justin was not producing alot of the USA made boots anymore. I'm going to try and have my last pair resoled before my current sole wears out, I usually get 2 years out of them before the sole is too wore out.

It seems like a lot of boot manufacturers aren't making boots now. I thought that was due to Covid but perhaps there are other factors eg labor shortages. Shame.

I think most boots are made for the weekend cowboy that only wears his boots to the bar on Friday and Saturday night. Most just don't hold up the harsh conditions that we expect of our boots. I have a pair of Dan Post boots and I thought they would not be a bad pair, but they never made it much past a year; they were not worth have new soles put on them. To get a good pair your have to spend upwards of $300+. The best pair of boots I have ever worn was my Drew's Buckaroo's; They were resoled three or four times before the leather on the top of the foot split open. I think I wore them for 8 or 9 years.

I have a pair of Red Wing Pecos that I've had for 8 years. Real comfortable boot. I just replace the inner sole pad when it wears out. Wear Lucchese Cayman alligator skin when stepping out on the town, which is not very often….

For work, I wear Justin & Ariat with the cleated rubber soles because I want (need) the traction. Mucks in the winter, Hunter for rain but both with traction. I get about 2 years per pair, regardless of brand. Just bought Mr. TC Tecovas. Nice boots!!! He likes them so far.

For "dress" or everyday boots, I'm all about Old Gringo. Ridiculously expensive, but they last forever.

I wore Red Wing boots for decades, but as I've gotten older I want something lighter that gives me some support around my ankles. Last year about this time I bought a pair of Merrell hiking boots at Academy, marked down from $130.00 to $80.00 because they were being discontinued. Since then I doubt there's been 4 days when I haven't worn them, and they still feel and look good.

They'll need replacing fairly soon, but only because I spend quite a bit of time walking on asphalt and it's eating up the soles. I plan to get another pair as close to these as I can find. The picture below looks a little different, but it's close.

1638904158532.png

Latest posts