JUSTICE

Help Support CattleToday:

Maybe he feels like he let his kid down because he didn't prevent it.
Didn't see it coming, couldn't protect her. Lots of possible reasons

You've got a little girl who is marred for life. Hopefully she will be able to cope with it eventually but nothing will make it go away. Nightmares and memories will linger.

The dead dude bares no pain. No real justice here. He deserved much worse in my opinion.

If the father is put before a jury, I'd like to be seated on it. My guess is that the D.A. and judge already know what my vote would be just like an overwhelming majority of others. No sense is prosecuting him.

backhoeboogie":26w7fm5p said:
You've got a little girl who is marred for life. Hopefully she will be able to cope with it eventually but nothing will make it go away. Nightmares and memories will linger.

The dead dude bares no pain. No real justice here. He deserved much worse in my opinion.

If the father is put before a jury, I'd like to be seated on it. My guess is that the D.A. and judge already know what my vote would be just like an overwhelming majority of others. No sense is prosecuting him.
better justice though,, than being set free in a few years to do it again

backhoeboogie":1j2ds8xv said:

I agree. Unless they have evidence that refutes what the father has said, it would be a waste of time and money to prosecute him. They'd be hard pressed to find a jury that would convict him.

Remember this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Goetz

The sheriff and the Prosecutor have their careers at risk here. In a perfect world, the sheriff and the prosecutor go to church with the rancher and know him as an honorable, honest man and also know the perp to be "no good". If the community accepts this informal verdict as justice, I say fine.
The rancher is indeed a victim, and a second year law student could get him off with a temporary insanity plea. The trial would put Shiner on the CNN 24 hr news cycle. I'm having trouble even conjuring up a scenario for seeing my daughter raped. Much less having it play out on CNN and FOX. Just beat me to death. Please.
Doing nothing is some times the preferred option.

I havent' even heard that the little girl was raped .... only that the guy was attempting to sexually assault her. Having remorse for something you do is not unusual even if you arent' "at fault". I don't think he had any intention of killing the man...but it happened.....How many of you have ever killed a man? Til you do you can only speculate on how you would feel.

TexasBred":1or2utro said:
I havent' even heard that the little girl was raped .... only that the guy was attempting to sexually assault her. Having remorse for something you do is not unusual even if you arent' "at fault". I don't think he had any intention of killing the man...but it happened.....How many of you have ever killed a man? Til you do you can only speculate on how you would feel.
Do you really expect many answers?

Ryder":aheedizn said:
TexasBred":aheedizn said:
Do you really expect many answers?
Most likely the answer is "none" unless you were in one of our wars.

I heard this morning on the radio and TV that the District Attorney for Lavaca County stated that "no charges will be filed ..." This story has gone viral so just because a statement by the DA was made it doesn't mean that the court of public opinion won't have something to say about it. This is not over although IMO it should be. I feel sorry for the family and the Dad who did this. The little girl may have scars for the rest of her life and the Dad will never forget it, not only because his little girl was violated but also because he killed someone.

We can all speculate on how we would have handled a situation like this but until we are actually placed in something like this we don't really know what we would have done. Yes, I believe the killing was righteous. Yes, I say I would have done the same - or worse.

God bless this family and give them peace.

maybe the next child molester will think twice before he harms a child. we need more of this kind of justice.

I completely agree with what that Dad did. Yes I can understand his remorse, whether for his daughter's trauma or for his taking of human life. Both reasons will heal with time and hopefully the little girl will not remember it for long. Kids are resilient. Prayers for that family going up!!

I think about this often now that I have kids . IMO there is no innocent until proven guilty . If one of my boys comes to me and discribes in detail what someone did to him thier dead . No cops except to arrest me . All I can say is don't put your self in a situation to be falsely identified as the molester . If I see someone molesting a child I'd do just what the dad did and not be remorseful .

You brought up a good point js. A lot of people in this world have been falsely accused of molestation. It happens. What if every angry dad went and killed every accused molester? Thered be a lot of innocent people dead, and a lot of angry dads in jail.
That's the job of the police to investigate the claims and prove the crime. That's why we have the judicial system. Not just to serve punishments but to Vette out the guilty from the innocent.
In our case, if I hadn't called the cops, we would have only had the word of one person. Instead we got a taped phone call and a half assed confession that i had to listen to, coach Probitive questions, and keep my mouth shut during the call after which the person called me on my phone acting like nothing was wrong trying to feel me out to see if i knew anything. It was then that I got a fire lit under my ass and fought every day to control myself so that my family could keep their dad and husband with them.
And them there is the case where my sister was kidnapped and raped by a serial killer. Never made the news but that guy now sits on death row. She was the only one to escape him and live. Took 10 years but they finally got him on a DNA match.
I've seen Te anger, felt the anger, sadness, helplessness. All of it. I understand the fathers reaction, and I'm glad he wasn't charged and that the guy is dead. But it doesn't always happen that way in real life. I've done real life and it's no picnic
I've probably said too too much but I felt it was time to insert some reality to the thread lest someone get the idea in their head that it's ok and acceptable in every situation to kill a molester themselves

Latest posts