Just when...............

Help Support CattleToday:

BeefmasterB

Reaction score
Just when I think I've seen it all in my 56 years of life on this planet, I am rudely reminded that there is more to come. Yesterday, cruising around the mountains of Arkansas, we pulled into a picnic area for a break. There was a young couple there who obviously had car problems. Turned out the battery was dead and the radiator fluids all leaked out. Anyway, I had my back to them while talking to my riding partner. He looked past me and said "Oh man, look at that". I turned aorund and the young man (maybe 27 years old) was standing there urinating onto the ground (in full view) about three steps away from the young lady who was looking at him while she talked on her cell phone.

I was in total shock! Has society reached a new low?

Ok, first before I respond ....What the heck are you doing in New Mexico now; you move around more than a flee on a dog.. :lol:

And yes people are that rude, ignorant ,stupid. That is why we actually have to have laws about urinating in public and indescent exposure.

If he was desperate he could have at least gone around to the rear of the vehicle or somewhere out of site . Since you said rest stop I assume they had public toilets..

More than once we have had to stop on the side of the road where hubby gets out to go beside the vehicle, it urks me to no end..How often do you see women do this. I would rather split my bladder trying to get to a real rest room than do that.. :roll:

"Please forgive typos and spelling , not my reg. computer"

By chance, did he talk with a german or eurpean accent? I saw something similar some years ago. A friend of mine's fiancee was sitting on the ground and this fella from Germany was behind her. He decided to change clothes. I don't know if all Germans don't wear underwear but this guy undoubtedly didn't. Anyhow, his fiancee who is a very modest girl, turned around to see what our amusement was and it was right in her face. She was soooo embarassed and then got upset. Had I not been so astonished I probably would have thought it funny.

I don't think it is a European thing Jo. I have been to Europe many many times, especially Germany and have never seen anyone urinating in public. But it could be that they needed to come to North America to do it ;after all hubby is European and many of his European friends also pee in our pasture rather than use the bathrooms in the house. :lol: That I don't mind as long as I don't see it , But the not washing hands thing .........Grosse........

"Please forgive typos and spelling , not my reg. computer"

skyline":2sr3m5xr said:
This thread is begging for some Arkansas humor, but I'm not going to be the one to start it.... ;-)
I did'nt know they had cars in Arkansas. Always thought the pavement ended on 40 at Mem'fis.

In the West End of London (the Strand to be more specific) they have open air public urinals that they usually put out over weekends. Its a glass fibre contraption with 4 urinals in clear view of the passers by. I was shocked that this is supposed to be the first world. I was also shocked at the lack of personal hygiene amongst the working class and the state of their teeth, but that's another story.

My husband is pretty immodest, but not in public. Certainly not in view of passing motorists. Now, at home, a bathroom door is a waste of time, in our bathroom anyway. He never uses the hall bathroom. I hope he'd close the door in there.

Me? Not ever. I don't care how long I've been married. I will never get that used to someone.

BeefmasterB":1tcu8zgx said:
Just when I think I've seen it all in my 56 years of life on this planet, I am rudely reminded that there is more to come. Yesterday, cruising around the mountains of Arkansas, we pulled into a picnic area for a break. There was a young couple there who obviously had car problems. Turned out the battery was dead and the radiator fluids all leaked out. Anyway, I had my back to them while talking to my riding partner. He looked past me and said "Oh man, look at that". I turned aorund and the young man (maybe 27 years old) was standing there urinating onto the ground (in full view) about three steps away from the young lady who was looking at him while she talked on her cell phone.

Did the 27 year old young man happen to be driving with Tennessee license plates?

HerefordSire":zouktuus said:
BeefmasterB":zouktuus said:

Did the 27 year old young man happen to be driving with Tennessee license plates?

Us Tennessean's are more Gentle-manly than that.We dont do that until the second date.

Crowderfarms":19v5yy2a said:
HerefordSire":19v5yy2a said:
BeefmasterB":19v5yy2a said:

Us Tennessean's are more Gentle-manly than that.We dont do that until the second date.

If the author wrote '47' instead of '27' and the young man was not in a vehicle (I am from Arkansas), I would have wrote it could have been me.

One time i had a girl jerk her blue jeans down so she could drain her Willie Nelson and splattered pee all over my boots. She was full of cheap beer an moonshine so i guess that was the reason.

Did the 27 year old young man happen to be driving with Tennessee license plates?[/quote]

Us Tennessean's are more Gentle-manly than that.We dont do that until the second date.[/quote]

If the author wrote '47' instead of '27' and the young man was not in a vehicle (I am from Arkansas), I would have wrote it could have been me.[/quote]

Well, if he hadn't done his thing in plain view of the woman and us, I would have cared less. But get this. The gal then asks if I had any water because the radiator in there car overheated or something. Number one - I'm on a motorcycle - how much water could I have? Second - she could have had her boyfriend make his contribution into the radiator instead of on the ground. As bazaar as it all was - why not? Have to give credit to the mountain scenery though. It was nice out there and I plan ride into N. Arkansas in the next 3 weeks to check out that area too. I hear it's incredible!

The world is my urinal. Now, with that said I do go behind a tree or something.

On I-95 down here I have seen women stop, open the passenger door and take a squat right on the side of the highway. There are bushes not 50 feet away. Next time I will try to get my eyes on the license plate. :D

flaboy.. "the world is your urinal" cracks me up...
When we were in Italy last summer, sometimes girls and guys shared the same restroom. Yes, I mean I walked into a few restrooms over there, and low and behold, right there was a woman sitting on the stool next to the men's urinal, with men standing around peeing. Yep, thats the way it is over there.
So, peeing outside by the road... dont suprise me. In fact... if ya gotta go.. ya gotta go!!! :nod:

Limomike":12t14aql said:
flaboy.. "the world is your urinal" cracks me up...
When we were in Italy last summer, sometimes girls and guys shared the same restroom. Yes, I mean I walked into a few restrooms over there, and low and behold, right there was a woman sitting on the stool next to the men's urinal, with men standing around peeing. Yep, thats the way it is over there.
So, peeing outside by the road... dont suprise me. In fact... if ya gotta go.. ya gotta go!!! :nod:

Same at the Star-Plex in Dallas. The line for the women's room is a mile long. No line for the Men's room. The entire east wall is urinal's. The entire west wall is stalls. Women (dozens) steadily walk in and out of the stalls in the men's room while there are men using all the urinals. There are usually 5 or 6 ladies in the door watching for a stall to get empty and they are seeing everything else too. When you first walk in it gets confusing seeing all the ladies in the entry to the men's room.

Going to the restroom in China is a whole nother experience. The restrooms have attendants, especially at hotels and resturants. Sometimes the attendants in the mens room are female. It's a job that does not discriminate. These attendants will come up behind you at the urinal and give back and neck massages for tips. They then turn on the water in the lavatory for you and hand you a hot towel to dry your hands. Oddly enough I can handle the women attendants massaging my back but I freak out if the male attendants even act like they are going to touch me. I guess thats my elitist, homophobic side coming out. It acts up like Jogeephus's agent orange.

HOSS":3vn8k687 said:
Going to the restroom in China is a whole nother experience. The restrooms have attendants, especially at hotels and resturants. Sometimes the attendants in the mens room are female. It's a job that does not discriminate. These attendants will come up behind you at the urinal and give back and neck massages for tips. They then turn on the water in the lavatory for you and hand you a hot towel to dry your hands. Oddly enough I can handle the women attendants massaging my back but I freak out if the male attendants even act like they are going to touch me. I guess thats my elitist, homophobic side coming out. It acts up like Jogeephus's agent orange.

Hoss, I think that's normal. I'd worry if that didn't freak you out. :D

curtis":d2c6f4vm said:
One time i had a girl jerk her blue jeans down so she could drain her Willie Nelson and splattered pee all over my boots. She was full of cheap beer an moonshine so i guess that was the reason.
Reminds me of a girl I knew that could not control her bladder when she got upset. I didn't know this. One night she got upset and while cussin me out she wet all over the backseat of my car.