Just Weaned

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
This is a six month old fullblood that was weaned a couple weeks ago and started on feed. He'll get advertised pretty soon if the guy looking at him doesn't speak up soon. He is out of my home grown bull.

Thanks, but that'll come as he grows. Pieds are not completely mature until they are 3. Lots of changing going on in another 2.5 years.

slick4591":2tm3879c said:
Thanks, but that'll come as he grows. Pieds are not completely mature until they are 3. Lots of changing going on in another 2.5 years.

I don't think that is limited to Pieds. In fact, I don't see full muscling and frame size until my Simmentals reach 4.

I bred a cow yesterday that just turned four. I raised her here. She has grown in the last year. When she was 2 and had her first calf, I was considering her moderate. I now consider her to be a large cow. There is a lot of growth and muscling occurring between 2 and 4.

Nice Calf!

Thanks! I think this is the best bull calf I've produce to date. I'm not sure with other breeds, but I know Pieds and they seems to level off around three.

Latest posts