Just some pics...

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
We went to wish an old friend of ours Happy Birthday over the weekend, he turned 80 and is still fit as a fiddle. Thought I'd share a couple of pics but please excuse the quality as they were taken with my phone.

Leaving home at dawn, very crisp

Ant hills in the forefront
Luckoff1034_zps5fd19cd0.jpg

Some shots from the vehicle

Luckoff1075_zpsc00ba0be.jpg

Luckoff1081_zps7e2fe7aa.jpg

Sheep country
Luckoff1088_zps6733ee73.jpg

Arrived at farm. Little white bush referred to as 'kapokkie bush' (Kapokkie is the Lesotho name for hail).
Luckoff1094_zps4d648a3d.jpg

Mountain Zebra, stunning animals. The stallion was snorting and prancing around, he didn't fancy us being in his territory. I wish I had some clearer shots for you, they were too far away for my little phone.
Luckoff1108_zpsdf973ef4.jpg

Old chap has a small herd of Nguni's
Luckoff1116_zpsc9f8d622.jpg

Luckoff1110_zps661853b7.jpg

Ostrich

A pretty pic to paint some day

Awww, someone's feeling a little grim, got the flu bug

Another landscape to paint
Luckoff1129_zps541e2a57.jpg

Stone wall built in the late 1800's dividing districts at that time.

The end of a fantastic day, our fading warmth

Hope you enjoy them :D

Beautiful...some tough looking countryside Alli. Looks a bit like many parts of Texas. We even have a few zebras and ostrich's. :nod: Are you an artist??

TexasBred":3pzdz4bm said:
Beautiful...some tough looking countryside Alli. Looks a bit like many parts of Texas. We even have a few zebras and ostrich's. :nod: Are you an artist??
My thoughts as well. Big Bend and Fort Davis and Palo Duro and even some of south Texas and even near San Angelo.

Great pics Alison, thanks for sharing, I enjoy seeing how other folks live on the other side of our egg.

That looks a whole lot like most of Nevada and parts of California. I've seen mustangs in about the same setting but I'd Shyt my pants if they had stripes.

Just some pics...
Some us thought maybe these were gonna be the much rumored, long anticipated and patiently awaited nekkid pics you spoke of a few months ago.

I used to chat to an oldish chap in his seventies for quite a time, more about life than cattle, until he started asking me to send him nude photographs of myself and telling me I was associating with the 'wrong' people on the board.
:banana:
:hide:

Alison, you must have a much better phone than I do or be able to use it more better than I know how.

I wish to apologize Alison, for any hurt or distress I may have caused by my mention of days gone by incidents in my above posts. I meant no harm but will not mention it again. I am sorry.

It is tough country but ideal for game, sheep and indigenous cattle. The farms are relatively large, the one we were on is about 10 000ac and has plenty game - sable, wildebeest, gemsbok, nyala, impala to name a few. The farm is unspoiled by modern development apart from a smallish house + a couple of outbuildings, it also does not have electricity :eek: . It is about 200 miles away from where I stay, vegetation completely different.

TB - yes, I dabble with paint when I have time.

Ala - Evidence suggest that they descend from both Bos Taurus and Bos Indicus cattle, they thrive in harsh conditions like in these pics. Their multicolored hides are really sort after.

John250 - Yip, it's what we would call the 'bundu's'.

Greybeard - Do not trouble your dear self any further as I felt no evil intent from your side. When you see a new thread of mine headed 'something saucy' beware, do not open it!!! :p

Thanks everybody :D

alisonb":cy9xai1f said:
John250 - Yip, it's what we would call the 'bundu's'.

Pretty country. Not much rain, I guess.
I'm in a very rural area, but I guess the "boonies" (American slang, same general meaning) are relative. I'm 9 miles from a super Wal-Mart, 3 miles from a McDonalds. I think you can see 9 miles in some of those pix and I don't see a Wal Mart.

Latest posts