just some pics of my cows

Help Support CattleToday:

jrn28

Reaction score
hi everyone i browse everyday posted before as jrn24,i had some free time to share some pics(hope they show). i apreciate all the info this site has to offer. wanted to know what you think of my calves. bonita family feeding
fredrick 3 month old bull calf
#2 6 month old heifer i will keep as replcement
monkey #1 bull calf also 6 months old in pics
group shot. dam that was some work to get the pics posted.

You appear to have a first class operation. That is good to see.
Thanks for the pictures

Thanks guys for the nice comments. The fields on this particular place are mostly needle grass and Bermuda. When I first put cattle on this place back 6 years ago, I completely over grazed it then drought came in and finished it. 3 yrs ago I started rotational grazing and actually caring for the land. I put everything I read on here in to practice on my smaller scale operation and couldn't be happier with the outcome! 

Took the calves to sale last week and couldn't believe the results. The Bonita family calves were both 6 months old and both were over 500lbs, also took a 7 mo old calf that was 575. The calf I was amazed with was Fredrick, 1 week over 7 mo old and mashed the scales at a whopping 730lbs. Best thing was that prices were really good in my opinion and brought in a fat $3600 check. Thank you to all the members that post and reply on CT, like I said I take all the info I read on here and put it to work on my place.

Super looking pasture. It shows that you are rotating it. It shows that you fertilized it as there are no high and low spots of where the cows have urinated and made piles. There are no standing piles as the dung beetles are taking them underneath the ground to the roots of the grass and to the earthworms, thus enriching your soil to your grass. It looks super clean!!! When your cows come back to your pasture, they will graze the entire pasture instead of spot grazing around manure and urine piles, leaving a lot of grazable land left standing. I am impressed!!!!

Your cows and calves look great. They look healthy and they have such nice coats. Good looking fence. Great Job!!!