Just some pics from Uruguay

Help Support CattleToday:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ok guys, I am killing some time at home and I have some new pics. Some are better than others.
I am working on a new web page so I hired a friend of mine who is very good taking pictures.
The animals belong to friends of mine.

Shoot them, praise them, do what ever you want but explain your opinions so we all can learn and exchange ideas.

girafotos.jpg

girafotos11.jpg

girafotos13.jpg

girafotos16.jpg

girafotos17.jpg

girafotos3.jpg

girafotos4.jpg

girafotos7.jpg

girafotos9.jpg

L

personally i like all the cattle.an i cant see any falts in them.but all cattle have some falts.they look like topend seedstock.

How do ranchers in Uruguay market their calves, In Texas most are marketed at the local auction were order buyers but them, Good looking cattle

What breed is the red bull? I really like the Polled Hereford bull......he is the total package and I don't own a single Polled Hereford but you can not turn away from quality no matter the breed! Gosh, he is a beauty.

The red bull looks like a red angus.

Lorenzo they are some beautiful cattle I love the deep bodied cows, absolutely the type of cow I like. Pleasure to look at.

BARNSCOOP":fzfej3dh said:
What breed is the red bull? I really like the Polled Hereford bull......he is the total package and I don't own a single Polled Hereford but you can not turn away from quality no matter the breed! Gosh, he is a beauty.
Yes! Lorenzo has posted some beautiful animals, always look forward to seeing what he has for us to look at. Thanks. :tiphat:

Good looking cattle. Although I would be very doughtful to say they would keep such good condition being rasied in a commercial operation around here. Do you guy's graze year round? At one time I was wondering what types of winters you have. You mentioned you really dont have winters. They look great.

They look great. They have the look of being on some top quality feed. They truly don't have the look of our pasture and range cattle. Cattle in that condition are indeed eye appealing, fact is in a cow/calf system you sure don't need all that extra weight in the breeding stock.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I will ask some of your questions to my friends as they are who really breed them. I just enjoy posting nice pictures of what we have here as I am in the genetic business and I feel proud of our breeder's work. Also posting pictures I learn from everyone around here. Sadly sometimes language barrier makes it difficult for me to understand your comments.

The red bull as aussie_cowgirl said, is a red angus. I must tell you that I don't know why but I have a soft spot for red angus, I just love them. Also I have seen some GREAT australian braford !!! This is a breed that we should keep our eyes on as (I think) 70% of the world cattle is raised in the tropics.

But to be honest, if I have to choose one breed, I stay with our uruguayan horned herefords, they are my favourites. Imagine these bulls breeding angus cows for commercial purpouses...those F1 would be meat wagons !! :cowboy:

mar16.jpg

mar17.jpg

L

Some more...

mar15.jpg

mar19-1.jpg

mar2.jpg

mar4-1.jpg

As I said, I think that despite all the angus explotion around the world and mostly in the States, the cross breed between angus and hereford must be one of the best around for meat, marbling, docility, etc. Obviously if we are not producing in the tropics.

L

I'm going to say those are the best looking horned Hereford bulls I've ever seen. I wish I had about five of them on 75 or so Brammer cows.

Wormy Coyote":3u716cr2 said:
I'm going to say those are the best looking horned Hereford bulls I've ever seen. I wish I had about five of them on 75 or so Brammer cows.
yep, or some good brangus/angus for a jam up baldy

alacattleman":30r9qtuk said:
i think you posted these horned bulls before, but they are a awesome group none the less

Indeed, I posted two of those pictures before, the last one with one bull from the side and other with a bunch of bulls all together with their heads down..

One more thing, a very sad new, remember this cow?? I posted a picture of her at the beggining of the topic..

girafotos11.jpg

I have just talked to the farm and she died this morning !!!!!! :frowns:
Increadible....

Also I saw a beatiful polled hereford bull, it is perfect, straight back, nice colour, deep, coloured around the eyes, etc, etc. So I said to myself: "here is a bull for Knersie !!!.."

Guess what, I took a sample of semen to the lab and was a fiasco, very bad quality.. :mad:

It was "pura pinta" as we say down here (despective way to say that someone or something is very good looking but it's not worthwhile, that doesn't gives what promisses).

Maybe next time.. ;-)

L

Wormy Coyote":1wo9j8nx said:

2 of them should be more than sufficient on 75 cows.

Also I saw a beatiful polled hereford bull, it is perfect, straight back, nice colour, deep, coloured around the eyes, etc, etc. So I said to myself: "here is a bull for Knersie !!!.."

Guess what, I took a sample of semen to the lab and was a fiasco, very bad quality..

Did you take a photo of him? If you did please post it just for interest sake.

Latest posts