Just some girls on grass

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
I tried to get a few pics tonight of the girls, because we have these consigned to our fall harvest sale in November. These are NOT clipped, nor fed anything other than the grass pasture they are on. These pictures I took tonight. The kids tried to get ears up for me... does not always work!

This is one of my favorites, and a hard one to let go. She is sired by Iron Hide, and out of a good Shear Force cow I had. I have her half sister (same dam) active in the herd, so we are letting her go. She is bred to GCF Amigo for a calf in a few weeks. We call her Dinah, or FSSR Dinahmite.
2zi4xu0.jpg

This girl is Darla. She is an embryo, sired by Broker and her dam is Joy's Shadow. I sold her sister last year, as a pair, with a really nice Broadway heifer on her side, at our sale. We just have too many girls on our limited grass, so we decided to let her go. She will calve before the sale, to SSC Shell Shocked, in about 30 days. We really like our Shell Shocked babies!
2cz7at2.jpg

This is not the best pic, but this is a Trademark sired embryo heifer. I still have 2 more embryos in the tank to try, so we are letting her go. She is due in the Spring to an AI sire called All For You; a Lock N Load son I have seen several babies on and admired.
qyyh45.jpg

This is the AI sire:
p87mb.jpg

I have a bunch more pictured, but did not want to weigh the thread down. We have 8 head total consigned; 5 pairs and 3 spring breds. We just have too many cattle on our limited resources, so we need to cut down. We hope to sell a handful of bulls at Farmfest this year also. With our drought, our cattle have come through with flying colors, and no supplements. Our grass is starting to come back, and we are drilling this weekend to help make up what we lost (fescue, orchard and red clover). But we need less mouths to feed!
Thanks for looking!

Go ahead and weigh the thread down lol. You're cattle are by no means an eye sore