DSCF5792.jpg

DSCF5795.jpg

DSCF5794.jpg

DSCF5798.jpg

DSCF5796.jpg

DSCF5797.jpg

DSCF5799.jpg

DSCF5800.jpg

The grey is nice from what I can see. I'm definitely a butt person though. I liked the charolais bull but then I decided he came up to high in the flank... picky. haha

I don't know enough to say too much, but the cow/calf pair ~ that is yours?
I think they are fantastic. :nod: That cow is nice and long, very feminine, excellent udder on her. Lots of beef on both of them. And who can resist red? ;-)
How did they do?

lol K2011, I should have mentioned that was the grand parade ...

Those first four bull pics are the interbreed animals, ie the champion bull from the charry, limo, mg and hford breeds. The limo won the interbreed bull. Then the next set of photos is the interbreed females, the champion female from the charry, angus, hford, piedmontese, simm, limo, and mg. The mg heifer won the interbreed female. The limo bull beat the heifer for the supreme exhibit. The hereford with the green ribbon is the champ steer

Angie - no that cow isnt ours - the murray grey bull and heifer are ours. the simm cow is a nice girl for sure, thats her first calf - and she won the champ simm female however if I could fix one thing her back legs arent 100% correct and she shows it with slightly reduced mobility as she moves round the ring.

those sure are some fine looking bulls heifers an pairs.you can tell they are well bred.an nice an fat.

K2011. Lots of small towns have a multi purpose venue, which means the area is used for the local show,races and other community events. I've showed at many small places that use their race courses as well as having it as their showground. Good photos Keren. Australian show cattle are pretty all types that you can easily use straight out in the paddock. Show performance here means a lot less than it seems to in the US. I never over emphasise show ring performance when I sell animals. Potoential purchasers will only think that they are full of grain, which isn't the case with our cattle.
Colin

Ahh, Australia, where men are men, women are women, and cattle breeds can be distinguished w/o DNA testing....

Great pics! Wish we had more blow and go shows, more people might get involved.

redcowsrule33":8lvbqzmd said:
Ahh, Australia, where men are men, women are women, and cattle breeds can be distinguished w/o DNA testing....

Great pics! Wish we had more blow and go shows, more people might get involved.
:nod: :clap: :nod: :clap: Well said!

show time":v0qhja9w said:
What's up with all the big floppy hats and white britches??

The 'big floppy hats' are mainly Akubras, the 'white britches' are moleskins.

Standard show uniform here - neat and tidy dress. Jeans or moleskins - moleskins preferred. Button up shirt, short or long sleeved, collared, any colour although some breeds state a preferred colour. Breed specific vests are always worn at larger shows, sometimes worn at smaller shows. White lab coats are sometimes worn.

They're not floppy, they're Akubra hats (like your Stetson's) and the pants are moleskins.

We take pride in how the parader looks in the ring as well as the animal - no rough dirty jeans and combs sticking out of pockets.

Latest posts