Just saved some $, maybe I can save some for you

Help Support CattleToday:

Fly-guy

Reaction score
I just returned from checking our cattle and thought I"d let you know how I just saved about $250.

I had been using a 16' cattle panel for a gate and swung it back next to the fence. I found one of our small calves with it's head stuck through the 6" x 8" hole and needless to say, he was in a world of hurt!

When I finally got him loose, it ran for his mother and attached himself to her, if you know what I mean. If I hadn't checked them tonight, I'm sure that I would have had a dead calf on my hands by tomorrow evening.

If you have a cattle panel or any thing else a cow or calf can stick their head through, you might want to move it to keep them from being a libality to your operation.

Fly-guy

Sound advice.

Sometimes we overlook the most obvious things.

But, no matter what, a cow aint the sharpest tool in the shed, and can get into the darndest places you think they never would try. ;-)

That's never happened, Knock on wood, but it is all the more reason I am glad I went to the 4 inch mesh panels. I still have several of the old panels and use them frequently.

i have more problems with calves getting stuck behind panels i have pulled around in the open position. evermore i tie the end to the fence so they cant (?) get back there. taking them down works too but they always get bent up or feet stuck in them or the grass grows into them if you leave them down too long.

years ago when we fed cottonseed in troughs in the winter there was a yearling heifer upside down in the trough. she had been in there a while too, or either it scared the crap out of her.

Latest posts