Just on the off chance anyone here has dealt with camels??

Help Support CattleToday:

Only dealt with camels one time. There were two of them being used in the nativity scene at the local church, apparently there was some kind of camel scuffle and they started beating the snot out of one another. Some folks from the church came down to the house and got me, said "We figured since you had cattle you'd know what to do with them." Still not sure where that logic came from but wound up seperating them and all was well. They're disgusting animals.

Had one spit on me at a guys fram I went to to look at some equipment. My sentiments are about like cfpinz's

Shot lots and ate some - tasted good by the way and I used a .25-06 with 110 gr Nosler Partitions - almost all head shots under 100 yards.

Somehow I suspect anything that works on cows would work on a camel.

Personally I would use what you have and hope for the best - unless you go to the camel racing sites in Saudi, UAE and Dubai - they could possibly help you

Best of luck

Bez+

Stocker Steve":1zzadhq8 said:
Bez+":1zzadhq8 said:
Shot lots and ate some - tasted good by the way and I used a .25-06 with 110 gr Nosler Partitions - almost all head shots under 100 yards.

Bez+

Were they charging you? :cowboy:

Standing there looking at me

Usually got two or three before the herd started moving - thay are faster than one might think - take a good horse to keep up once they get going.

Bez+

Camels are in the same family as llama's and alpacas. The best advice I could give is find out from your vet if those drugs are safe to give to them. If so, they will probably be safe for the camel.

Latest posts