Just in Tennessee??

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
i was wondering when they would get around to sueing the church for something like that.

Angus/Brangus":3fd4yds2 said:
July 11, 2008, Houston Chronicle, section A, pge 2:

Tennesseean sues for worship injuries

A Knoxville, Tenn., man says he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while worshipping. Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay $2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Matt Lincoln, 57, says he is suing after the church's insurance company denied his claim for medical bills.
Lawyers for the church say other congregants saw him on the floor laughing after his fall.

-----------------------------
You know the economy is bad when................ :lol2:
Was Benni Hinn the guest preacher that day?? Benni probalby breathed on him and he dropped like a rock. I've seen them on TV flopping around like a carp out of the water or shivering and mumbling. Also seen several get "breathed on" or pushed several times before they understood that was the cue to fall. :lol2: :lol2:

Suing a church. Just stop and think about that for a minute.

Kind of like blaming the doctor for being born ugly.

This is just absurd...... Kinda like the lady that sued Toyota over in Japan claiming her husband was worked to death by the company. She won!!!

This article says a lot about the kind of world are we living in.
I guess the Holy Ghost will now have to carry at least $1,000,000 in General Liability.

Four Bayous":1cum0tg3 said:
I guess the Holy Ghost will now have to carry at least $1,000,000 in General Liability.

Something tells me this dude may have just punched his ticket on the "hel express".

Four Bayous":1clk623e said:

My Farm Bureau agent would be happy to see to that.
I'll bet some big-time trial lawyer would put 100 K into this, just to build business. If churches can be successfully sued for providing "religious experience" then the contingent fees could be enormous.

I'm anxious to see how this turns out. If this dude wins I think I'll attend Rev. Wright's church some Sunday and then sue them for creating a hostile environment and making me feel threatened. Heck, they tape everything, don't they? It'd be a slam dunk.

I guess the next step will be to sue the Holy Trinity. This would be an easy victory as there are probably no attorneys in heaven to defend them. ;-)