Just Got Into Town About an Hour Ago

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1000989.jpg

My old stomping grounds. Did you remember passing though/past "Dunmovin"?Best jerky in the world is at Mohagony Smoked Meats in Bishop.

I saw Dunmovin on the map, it was only a few miles from Olancho. Was going to take a picture of the city limit sign but I never saw it. Totally missed it, or they didn't have one.. About fifty miles down the road I asked my son who was riding with me, how did we miss Dunmovin? That's a nice, sparsely populated part of the state.

ga. prime":39mhff31 said:
I saw Dunmovin on the map, it was only a few miles from Olancho. Was going to take a picture of the city limit sign but I never saw it. Totally missed it, or they didn't have one.. About fifty miles down the road I asked my son who was riding with me, how did we miss Dunmovin? That's a nice, sparsely populated part of the state.

Just before you got to the Haiwee Reservoir there was probably a group of old shacks/run down trailers on the west side of the road. It is right at the top of the hill that drops you down to Coso Junction. THAT is dunmovin, no city limits/town sign, that's been gone for years

The problem with Ca isn't the number of people. The problem is the number if, and low quality of, politicians. The people didn't spend us into this situation. That's why I'm leaving. :wave:

ga. prime":3kgzki72 said:
That's a beautiful spot there. Do you ever wish you were still out there working and living, dun?

I don;t miss the wacko gun laws, the wind and the perservationists, but I do miss the rest of the things about that area. Hunting, fishing, panning for gold, exploring old mine and town sites. Miles and miles of desert, canyons and mountains to wander in. Of course the 120 degree days can be a bit brutal but you learn to do everything outside by noon and hibernate till 6 or 7 in the evening

dun":1rw5mmfx said:
ga. prime":1rw5mmfx said:
That's a beautiful spot there. Do you ever wish you were still out there working and living, dun?

I don;t miss the wacko gun laws, the wind and the perservationists, but I do miss the rest of the things about that area. Hunting, fishing, panning for gold, exploring old mine and town sites. Miles and miles of desert, canyons and mountains to wander in. Of course the 120 degree days can be a bit brutal but you learn to do everything outside by noon and hibernate till 6 or 7 in the evening
That heat is out of this world in the summertime. We went down to Badwater Basin last Tuesday and it was 99degrees. I wouldn't think of going there in the Summer.

Jogeephus":2ej7c3e1 said:
Did you try any of the jerky?
Regretfully, I did not because I already had a good quantity (that was very tasty) from an earlier stop. Wish I had some left.