Just Getting Started - Cow Pix

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post of any pictures of my cattle. I started out by buying a bred balancer heifer from Gustin's Diamond D Gelbvieh in the spring of 2010. She had a 205 of 662. Her sire was BUF CRK CHF 824-1658, which is the sire to the great BFCK CHEROKEE CNYN 4912 & LCHMN Grandcanyon 1244G as well as Messmer Millie 9416 who is the maternal granddam of Messmer Packer S008.

She threw two heifer calves her first two years out & I've kept both of them back. The two bottom pictures are them. The last picture is her calf from 2011 (taken August 18th), which is turning out to be a nice heifer. Her first heifer calf, pictured in the middle (taken July 31st) is her at just over 2 years. I wish they both had a little more in the rear, but I think they will throw good calves just the same. 16U's fourth calf was a bull & 205'd at 688. He's going to slaughter. These three cows/heifers will be the foundation for the herd for the next few years. I plan on getting more when I get the cash together, but for now I have to just build off of what I have. Let me know what ya'll think of them. Thanks.

16U_zpsaafe2921.jpg

17U_zpsf1d0a759.jpg

18U_zpsdad45150.jpg

Looks like a nice set of cows and calves. Best of luck to you on growing your herd.

I enjoyed seeing your pictures coppertop, I'm guessing you keep a close eye on your cattle if you are using kamars for heat detection. I don't know much about balancers but those are some great looking calves!

The cattle look good. You have tested the cow for osteopetrosis, I hope. If not I would get on it if you are using her as a foundation animal.