Just for the record.....

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":104c8bk1 said:
Lassoing June bugs is normal. (sorta)
Ducks on your face is just weird, but now that you've mentioned this I bet half the board will try.
I'll bet half the board has already tried it, they just are not saying. :secret: MM is the one who told me about it in the first place. :nod: I can't tease her too much though, just in case her temper matches her new hair color! ;-)

angie":34mf0pk6 said:
john250":34mf0pk6 said:
Ducks on your face is just weird, but now that you've mentioned this I bet half the board will try.
I'll bet half the board has already tried it, they just are not saying. :secret: MM is the one who told me about it in the first place. :nod: I can't tease her too much though, just in case her temper matches her new hair color! ;-)

Color photos would be appropriate at this point. She is a babe in black and white.
I am not owning ducks, just to try this. But, if I run into a flock of ducks...
Did you know our #1 ag export to China is chicken feet?

This whole thing about baby duck feet got me to thinking. Okay now think about babies. I don't care what kind of baby it is, their feet are cute. Kittens have those cute little fat paws, baby pigs and their tiny hooves, foals, calves, etc etc. Little bitty feet are cute.

It does feel kinda neat when a duckling puts its foot on your nose but they still have little claws that kinda scratch you a little. Yeah, I've done it. Easter ducklings were big with my children.

john250":q7uzc7bj said:
angie":q7uzc7bj said:
john250":q7uzc7bj said:

Color photos would be appropriate at this point. She is a babe in black and white.
I am not owning ducks, just to try this. But, if I run into a flock of ducks...
Did you know our #1 ag export to China is chicken feet?

Just for the record.......

I did NOT eat some crap (egg roll or otherwise) off my truck seat.

I have NEVER stuck a ducks feet on my face.

My hair color IS brown.

I HAVE contacted our illustrious leader once again to complain about a certain female CT member from Minnesota who continues to slander me. He told me to shut up.

MistyMorning":1krumqx9 said:
Just for the record.......
I did NOT eat some crap (egg roll or otherwise) off my truck seat.
I have NEVER stuck a ducks feet on my face.
My hair color IS brown.
I HAVE contacted our illustrious leader once again to complain about a certain female CT member from Minnesota who continues to slander me. He told me to shut up.
Dear CT friends,
Here is a sad example of Cabin Fever left untreated.
She is dillusional, and lashes out at those who love her most (me!).
So many people make it this far into the season and then...... well ~ you see. :help:
Tread lightly ~ it can only get worse! :secret:

Dear MM.
Of course it was me, and not you, who ate stuff off the seat of my truck. ( :roll: )
No Sweets, you have never handled a small animal in any way that could be construed by those "in the norm"
(namely John, and 82vett ~ (Heaven help us all)), as innaporpriate or "weird". And your hair is indeed ....br.....brown (there, I said it ~ hope you tipped the gal in the salon that fixed it, she had her work cut out!).

Jogeephus":2mtagplu said:
It does feel kinda neat when a duckling puts its foot on your nose but they still have little claws that kinda scratch you a little.
EXACTLY what I am talking about. They are cool and smooth and contour to the surface of your face, but like you say their little claws are interesting. Thank you Jo ~ I only feel slightly less odd, but it'll do for now. And yes CKC ~ all baby feet are precious.

Squirrel bites hurt. :cry2: But a three legged squirrel running up your leg is funny. :lol: Until it decides to bite you. :mad:

angie":29x2l2ee said:
Jogeephus":29x2l2ee said:
It does feel kinda neat when a duckling puts its foot on your nose but they still have little claws that kinda scratch you a little.
EXACTLY what I am talking about. They are cool and smooth and contour to the surface of your face, but like you say their little claws are interesting. Thank you Jo ~ I only feel slightly less odd, but it'll do for now. And yes CKC ~ all baby feet are precious.

Duckling kisses on the lips are even better. :nod:

I've never even held a baby duck... :( The only baby ducks I've come remotely close to are those that appear on our stock tanks...and getting up close and personal to them is impossible. Their mamas are good mamas, let me tell you!

I've missed something...I just know it!

Alice

Alice":3pe1wy9s said:
I've never even held a baby duck... :( The only baby ducks I've come remotely close to are those that appear on our stock tanks...and getting up close and personal to them is impossible. Their mamas are good mamas, let me tell you!

Alice

I don't know who missed it, you or your feed dealer. Here, baby chicks and ducklings are sold by the hundreds to people for Easter presents. They are dipped in pink, blue, orange and red dye. (I prefer blue myself ;-) ) Now when you walk into the feed store with a child and they see these little "pets" you got to be a heartless soul not to buy your child one or three. They are cheap. Only a couple of bucks. But wait - you gotta buy feed, a waterer, etc. etc. and believe me pound for pound feeding a white elephant is cheaper. But not as cool.

Jogeephus":t0h37acy said:
Alice":t0h37acy said:

Alice

I don't know who missed it, you or your feed dealer. Here, baby chicks and ducklings are sold by the hundreds to people for Easter presents. They are dipped in pink, blue, orange and red dye. (I prefer blue myself ;-) ) Now when you walk into the feed store with a child and they see these little "pets" you got to be a heartless soul not to buy your child one or three. They are cheap. Only a couple of bucks. But wait - you gotta buy feed, a waterer, etc. etc. and believe me pound for pound feeding a white elephant is cheaper. But not as cool.

The feed stores here, at least the ones I frequent, do not have these little darlin's. I've been in TSC when they have baby chicks, but I pass them right on by. When I was a kid, I was not allowed to have one of the dyed chicks...my father was adamant about that...and I guess it stuck.

Alice

Alice":3ajsidoa said:
Jogeephus":3ajsidoa said:
you got to be a heartless soul not to buy your child one or three. .
When I was a kid, I was not allowed to have one of the dyed chicks...my father was adamant about that...and I guess it stuck.
Alice
It is interesting you say that Alice ~ as cute as the dyed chicks are, and as bad as my kids wanted 1 or 5, I have never allowed it either.

I hate beans. but I like spam, strange person that I am, had it for breakfast this morning on toast with tomato sauce. I don't mind a bit of rap as long as it is done right, must say I am tolerant of most things, I am a peoples person I like crowds, and some alone time, a good conversation, like meeting people, don't get on with everyone, but can tolerate if necessary, I don't like to be kept waiting, as I am a here and now type. Always say you can trust a thief but can't trust a liar. and don't like to be to judgemental in putting everyone who likes something in the same basket. Dyed chicks was forbidden in our house, Dad hated it said it was cruel, we had the normal yellow chicken chicks and my Uncle had ducklings. can't say they ever went on my face, on top of the head and on shoulders, that felt strange. A funny mixed bunch we are, proof of it takes all sorts to make the world go round, :tiphat:

chrisy":5846pbfx said:
I don't mind a bit of rap as long as it is done right, must say I am tolerant of most things,

I'm tolerant to a point. To each his own. Just don't force your ways on me or I'm going to buck. Rap music blaring in the car next to me screaming its vile lyrics or sex and murder forcing my daughter's eyes to widen in innocent disbelief is almost enough to make me go medieval on you. Manners and prudance apparantly go before hearing loss.

Edit: FYI, I do believe Mr. Waddleton and Princess Anna would have disagreed with anyone's idea of this being cruel. Though their reign only lasted about 8 years they Ruled the yard and became part of the family. They also ruled over the dogs with an iron fist. Seeing a lab subordinate to two ducks - now that was kinda weird/cruel. But hey, I had nothing to do with their policy and procedures. :lol2:

Jogeephus":2upe9fyj said:
chrisy":2upe9fyj said:
I don't mind a bit of rap as long as it is done right, must say I am tolerant of most things,

I'm tolerant to a point. To each his own. Just don't force your ways on me or I'm going to buck. Rap music blaring in the car next to me screaming its vile lyrics or sex and murder forcing my daughter's eyes to widen in innocent disbelief is almost enough to make me go medieval on you. Manners and prudance apparantly go before hearing loss.

Edit: FYI, I do believe Mr. Waddleton and Princess Anna would have disagreed with anyone's idea of this being cruel. Though their reign only lasted about 8 years they Ruled the yard and became part of the family. They also ruled over the dogs with an iron fist. Seeing a lab subordinate to two ducks - now that was kinda weird/cruel. But hey, I had nothing to do with their policy and procedures. :lol2:

Must agree with you on that one manners go before everything, I don't like ill manners. I shouldn't think a lot of people would know what you mean by prudence anymore.

john250":156aaehv said:
Jogeephus":156aaehv said:
chrisy":156aaehv said:

Rap music blaring in the car next to me screaming its vile lyrics

Isn't "rap done right" an oxymoron?
Jo, you can understand the lyrics? You are way ahead of me.

I only understand about half of what they say. Words like be nice, be nice, be nice, be nice, be nice seem to be heard after every other word. While I believe in free speech, this is pushing the limit. Children and others should not have to listen to these words in public.

john250":z8ve3kc5 said:
Jogeephus":z8ve3kc5 said:
chrisy":z8ve3kc5 said:

Rap music blaring in the car next to me screaming its vile lyrics

Isn't "rap done right" an oxymoron?
Jo, you can understand the lyrics? You are way ahead of me.

I suppose it is to a certain extent, but it is more rhetorical,

Latest posts