Just can't understand.

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I am aware we had a thread of "pet peeves " but today on the way to give the girls a few cubes i stoped at Alsups(like 7-11)to get a drink. A raggedy looking dirty feller at the counter bought $200 worth of scratch offs while about 8 people in line waited for him to pick out slowly the ones he wanted, then he proceeded to start scratching them off at the counter. Cashier finally asked him to move. I watched him go outside and get on his bycycle and ride off. Now i'm not saying he was poor and prolly couldn't afford to buy the tickets, but I feel he could have bought a bar of soap along with them.
Being poor is not a disgrace and being dirty's not either but, staying dirty there's no excuse.

Calman":7uzpy913 said:
I am aware we had a thread of "pet peeves " but today on the way to give the girls a few cubes i stoped at Alsups(like 7-11)to get a drink. A raggedy looking dirty feller at the counter bought $200 worth of scratch offs while about 8 people in line waited for him to pick out slowly the ones he wanted, then he proceeded to start scratching them off at the counter. Cashier finally asked him to move. I watched him go outside and get on his bycycle and ride off. Now i'm not saying he was poor and prolly couldn't afford to buy the tickets, but I feel he could have bought a bar of soap along with them.
Being poor is not a disgrace and being dirty's not either but, staying dirty there's no excuse.
I know fellers that could buy half this County that smell like they been in a Hog Woller.I was always taught there's no excuse for "Dirty".

i worked at a hardware store years ago and afella came in there pretty often id say he haddnt had a bath in along time months bad smell.when he would come in every body would scatter like a bonch of quail so they didnt have to wait on him. well one day i didnt see him in time so i got to wait on him.well we got his order to gether he was getting ready to pay i went to the self got a bar of lava and said this is for you no charge just please use it.he never came in without bathing from that day on.

It amazes me when someone's pinto is on blocks behind the projects and they feel lucky enough to go to the store and buy lottery tickets. Lucky, is like a guy I used to work with who was born with a platinum spoon in his mouth. He never wanted for anything. One day he decided to buy a ticket and won $21 million. Cashed out and walked away with $6.5 million. Turned his notice in at work and I haven't seen him since. That's lucky.

Jogeephus":2ctg9gw2 said:
It amazes me when someone's pinto is on blocks behind the projects and they feel lucky enough to go to the store and buy lottery tickets. Lucky, is like a guy I used to work with who was born with a platinum spoon in his mouth. He never wanted for anything. One day he decided to buy a ticket and won $21 million. Cashed out and walked away with $6.5 million. Turned his notice in at work and I haven't seen him since. That's lucky.

You would be amazed at the number of people who think buying lottery tickets every week is going to fund their retirement.

Just two month here a person I knew won 1 mill on a scratch ticket. He owed more than he was worth and bought 100 + several time a week. He payed out today he is in hock three time what he was. It proves that if he could manage the would not have won any way. He would have payed it on his debts. I think this is the case of most winners. I might add lives in a trailer on the side of a rough hill before and now.

I have an old abanded oil well on my place,and when I get the urge to buy lotto tickets I just go out there and throw a few dollars down the hole. Not really but it would be the same effect. I have the worst luck of anyone gambiling. Guess thats why I never do it.

Cal

Calman":237oea6j said:
I have an old abanded oil well on my place,and when I get the urge to buy lotto tickets I just go out there and throw a few dollars down the hole. Not really but it would be the same effect. I have the worst luck of anyone gambiling. Guess thats why I never do it.

Cal

That's the home version of the lotto game. Crumple up a couple of bills and throw them in the trash.

I went into a grocery store a few years ago and standing in line in front of me was a woman who had a grocery cart FULL of cornish game hens. She paid for them with food stamps!!!!!

Stocker Steve":2l1olbqe said:
Jogeephus":2l1olbqe said:

You would be amazed at the number of people who think buying lottery tickets every week is going to fund their retirement.
I've bought a few powerball tickets when it was really high but never won more than $7. I don't personally know anyone that's won more than $100. I figure I could put $10 a week in a savings account and pretend I won $500 at the end of the year! Would be better off than anyone I know that plays regularly. Saw this bumper sticker once: Lottery is a self-imposed tax on people that really suck at math! Support your local Probability and Statistics professor!

I hate it when gamblers buy those dam scratch off tickets and then stand there and scratch. Then if they win a dollar, they want to buy one more and it goes on and on... I think there should be a line just for folks that want to buy those things.

When we were in Galveston last Spring, we were staying in some sort of Econo Lodge place. There was a breakfast bar. I guess they still had Katrina evacuees there, some sort of group home from the looks of it. Anyway, this fellow has on a trench coat, (very warm out there), and one pant leg rolled up. He goes to the breakfast bar, packed with tourists, he gets a glass and starts pouring milk. Stands there watching every last drop of milk come out. Then he stands there and drinks it down. Mind there are people standing behind him. Anyway, he finished his milk, finally, and then he takes a danish, stands there and eats it. Licks his fingers for about two minutes, :mad: :shock: , and then reaches in and gets another danish!!!!!!!

Oh barf!!!! Oh gag!!!

I guess that's one way to clear out a busy motel lobby.

There should have been some sort of staff member with them as this moment would have been the perfect one for training. Hygiene. It is a lost art for some.

hillrancher":2hac3ocu said:
Just two month here a person I knew won 1 mill on a scratch ticket. He owed more than he was worth and bought 100 + several time a week. He payed out today he is in hock three time what he was. It proves that if he could manage the would not have won any way. He would have payed it on his debts. I think this is the case of most winners. I might add lives in a trailer on the side of a rough hill before and now.

Yes, a friend of mine's husband won 35 grand on a lottery game and he became addicted to gambling after that, convinced that he could win one more time. They lost their home, but not before she quit her job so that she could withdraw her retirement savings trying to get them out of hock.

I keep a live Lottey ticket in my pocket as insurence---Would fell pretty silly if I killed myself,and then the ticket won..

When the pot gets really big, I buy some lotto tickets, just for kicks, if I am in a store that sells them.

I bought a bunch of scratch offs for stocking stuffers a couple of years. No one won anything so I quit doing that.

Latest posts