just bought these Romagnolas

Help Support CattleToday:

chapman

Reaction score
I'm new to the board but I have not seen any postings on the Romagnolas. Would like to know what you think of the breed and of these. Looking forward to any info.

index_2__c5457.Small.jpg

Lilly - dob 3/09/07
index_002_b5157.Small.jpg

index_003_57323.Small.jpg

London - dob 3/5/07
index_005_ab807.Small.jpg

Lucy - dob 12/20/06

Also looking into finishing them out on Purina feed. Any thoughts?

Thx

Raise them. I have 25 acres here at the house I plan to keep them on (texas hill country) very limited forage. Eventually we will move them to a larger place with Angus.

well i would take to the breeder about their feed... i wouldnt want to over do it with the grain. especially if your gonna put em in a herd they >might <melt on you and have to pull em back out . then again they may hit the ground and keep going ;-)

From the pics they look good. Is this your first dealing with this particular breed? Crossed with Angus you should have some good calves, providing there are not birth problems.
Best of luck to you.

Use a Angus Bull on Roma cows... Do not use a Rome bull on any angus cows....

This is my first dealing with them but a good friend has been with Romagnolas for years. He raised only full blood then sold his property several years back. His stock went to California. I bought these from one of his friends. I read the note not to breed a Rom bull to Angus but a lot of people are having good luck with that match up. All depends on the Bull I guess. When I was picking these up they were weighing in some of their new borns RomAngus (Rom Bull) the one I saw weighed in at 68lbs. But all of them looked close to the same weight. The heighest birth weight for the 3 I bought was Lucy at 71 lbs.

When it comes to Roma, use caution,,I say use caution....I do not care how many people tell you it is ok...Use caution...

Latest posts