Just another day on the farm

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
My job today was preparing a field for winter pasture and checking for new babies, I got the easy job! My hubby was busy on working pen renovations and hauling peanut hay. He just got home so he is wore out, I however had a wonderful day one field is ready to plant and one calf born, a nice heifer out of 6149 bull tagged it 1351 so 51 registered calves so far and two commercial calves. I took a few photos:

My view from my office today.

This is 0709 a cow I really like she is a Matrix daughter beautiful udder and super deep.

The latest calf a 70 pound heifer out of our 6149 bull and 732 which is out of a Right Time son and an EXT daughter.

A group of heavy bred cows that are enjoying this beautiful October weather.

The working pen renovations, Ronnie says he is building it so that he never has to replace another post lol we shall see.

Gizmom

Gizmom

Looks good, I probably would have put the cable at the bottom and guardrail in the middle where the most pressure will be. (not that my corrals are this good, but one day when I'm all grown up I'm gonna build me one like this)

I am going to guess that this segment of rails is not where crowding is going to occur! Even at the bottom, a cable would encourage a crowded animal to look out, put their head under the cable, and try to get to the other side. I have seen a couple of applications of the old guard rails. They are using 3 rails. It has to be the ultimate. I bet we get an explaination from gizmon.

Nice cattle. Beautiful time of year!

Latest posts