Just an ordinary day...

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
39864553_250803388974080_6440670010040909824_n.jpg

39869316_544500062648898_4469576240776347648_n.jpg

Have a "smart" one here. He thought nobody will notice if he ate abit of meal in the calf feeder... Still wondering how he managed to fit in...

Closer to fall, cattle seem to be abit more active. Have two bulls for sale soon. The whole group haven't got out of pasture even once. These two left. Got out three times in one day... One has found out that he's very capable in jumping. Neighbours' dumped apples on the path, which is right next to our pasture, was a good temptation too. It was a couple minutes job to move them back when they got out at first. Then it took them less than five minutes to be out again... Later in the evening one was out again. Well, if we have "horses", have to make pastures suitable for horses... Both stayed in their pasture for a couple days now. Hopefully, they'll be that good until we'll sell them.
DSCF3043.jpg

Boy that looks like it could go south in a hurry..if he decided to fight it,and jerk back to get free..nothing smarter than a cow,, and definitely nothing more stupid..

farmboy80":23niqq7u said:
He's a nice looking bull. Maybe not the smartest, but good looking! Lol, he was just listening to his gut.
He was always very jealous to the calves, when they were eating the meal. Cattle can often make you wonder how in the world they managed to get in that situation, while you also need to think of the way to get them out...
Thanks, he's a pretty nice looking now. Have some good calves from him too. Never really trusted him, but he always was a nice tempered bull.

lithuanian farmer":86rgoaru said:
farmboy80":86rgoaru said:
He's a nice looking bull. Maybe not the smartest, but good looking! Lol, he was just listening to his gut.
He was always very jealous to the calves, when they were eating the meal. Cattle can often make you wonder how in the world they managed to get in that situation, while you also need to think of the way to get them out...
Thanks, he's a pretty nice looking now. Have some good calves from him too. Never really trusted him, but he always was a nice tempered bull.
I quit wondering years ago.if there trouble to be had,cattle can find it..you could cover every angle,they'll show you something you overlooked :cowboy:

Yep, that just happened to me

Nice bull
I posted this in another thread.. appropriate for this one too though
36779245_2002222159788049_2647670544245194752_n.jpg

My cows are all in jail right now in the pens... they were spoiled, getting to be fussy eaters and breaking my fences... Fine, eat hay for a while until grass tastes good again.

Nesikep":qya77m7q said:
My cows are all in jail right now in the pens... they were spoiled, getting to be fussy eaters and breaking my fences... Fine, eat hay for a while until grass tastes good again.
We had a group of heifers one year, which had zero respect for the electric fence. Escaped one time. Run after until lost them and it was a midnight already. Next morning they were standing on the other side of the road near home. Put them in the winter pasture with wooden poles and three electric wires. Kept them there feeding hay for a month. No more escapes after that. Even when neighbours calves were running next to their pasture that summer. Left all, except one, as cows. Now all are 8 years old, all still very respectful to the fence. :)

I'm really hoping my brat Hera slows down as she gets heavy.. she jumps clear over them I think.. (at least she doesn't break them)

Thank you. He's quite a tank of the bull. No more heifers for him. Can't stand waiting for 290days until they calve and pray for a small calf. Cows calve no bother. He's four years old now.
DSCF3090.jpg

DSCF3040.jpg

Put him up for sale. He should suite a pedigree or high % Limousine herd more. The best calves are from Limox cows.

Nesikep":386ozipx said:
I'm really hoping my brat Hera slows down as she gets heavy.. she jumps clear over them I think.. (at least she doesn't break them)
:lol: That's bad to have such cow. We have one cow which lifts the bottom wire with her horns and grazes under the fence. Not escaping, but no need to trim the fence for that herd.

I have others that just push their heads through the fence.. even with perfectly good pasture.. makes me MAD... unfortunately they're beautiful cows and have great calves, but their days here are numbered!

Nesikep":1evkpiym said:
I have others that just push their heads through the fence.. even with perfectly good pasture.. makes me MAD... unfortunately they're beautiful cows and have great calves, but their days here are numbered!
It looks that you have some spoiled girls! Our fence cleaner is 10 year old now. Will be kept for longer. Just AI'ed recently with Charolais. She never walks out from the pasture and always keeps it's fence line clean, so not really mad about her.
We usually have no escapes, but sometimes things just happen. Usually had like one escape in a year. Most of the time it was due to neighbours loose cattle.

This runs in the family, Mother, daughter and granddaughter are all bad, I've gotten rid of grandma.. now the rest of them are going to go when I have suitable replacements

Nesikep":1m57ts5y said:
This runs in the family, Mother, daughter and granddaughter are all bad, I've gotten rid of grandma.. now the rest of them are going to go when I have suitable replacements
Yeah, that's probably the best decision. It often needs just one bad example and the whole herd will go bad eventually.
Our "cleaner" doesn't have any replacements in her "job" Had three daughters from her. None showed any interest in it. We'd kinda like that there was one.

That'd be an awful situation to be in and I feel for you. But I'm going to take a moment and count my blessings, then giggle a little because the look on his face is shame. He knows what he did! Ha.

NEFarmwife":ekqbj46m said:
That'd be an awful situation to be in and I feel for you. But I'm going to take a moment and count my blessings, then giggle a little because the look on his face is shame. He knows what he did! Ha.
Yes, he sure does. Haven't seen him near the feeder since then. :)

Latest posts