just an fyi

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice horses. Too bad the market is so poor. I never thought I would see cows this high and horses this low.

I don't understand why people are still breeding so many when the market is so bad. The market was just as bad last year and it is not going to get any better unless horse slaughter is re-instated in the U.S. Even then, it will take time.

Its caused by a lack of braincells Chippie. ;)

We stopped breeding in 2010..same year many of our friends..of different disaplines and breeds either stopped all together or cut back significantly..

chippie":32bsseee said:
I don't understand why people are still breeding so many when the market is so bad. The market was just as bad last year and it is not going to get any better unless horse slaughter is re-instated in the U.S. Even then, it will take time.

good using horses are still worth plenty, but you can't give the sorry crow baits away.
these guys have good horses( you can also watch video on most)
from their past sales
The high selling horse brought $17,500,
the top five averaged $14,000, and the top
ten averaged $12,100.

Those are foals. They are a long way from proving themselves as "good using" horses.

Every year I am offered well bred attractive yearlings out of producing stock for $200. - $300. I am well aware of the current horse market.

cross_7":4j512f6a said:
chippie":4j512f6a said:
Those are foals. They are a long way from proving themselves as "good using" horses.

Every year I am offered well bred attractive yearlings out of producing stock for $200. - $300. I am well aware of the current horse market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlYeaLR_ ... r_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qyOWyE4 ... r_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb7vPfIm ... u_in_order

Damn I sure like that grey colt. Almost makes me want to own another horse and that's sayin a lot. He just looks like he "Wants" to work. Thanks Cross 7

You couldn't give me a horse for free right now. If the market would change, I might change my mind but they're such a pain it isn't worth it right now

I'm still selling quite a few right now. They just need to be actually really broke and have some look to them. Low end horses, colts and cripples are in the tank. It is ashame that so many people are still raising junk colts. Should be a requirement that your responsible for that colt until its broke to ride and gentle. My wife is a vet and she castrates a lot of horses for free because we can't stand to see all the backyard breeders.

I grew up in a walking horse barn, used to only deal with them. Anymore my best selling horses are crossbred type horses. Just about anything with some draft in it. I honestly don't really trade much anymore. My wife has reformed me.... I'm a broker. We keep about 10 crossbred horses, a few quarter horses, a few mules, and I'll always keep a half dozen walking horses. Just about everything are geldings. I think I only have 1 mare.

Is Jodey her husband?

I don't know either one of them but I have spoken to Erin before about horse she was offering on equinenow.com. She sells a ton of horses apparently.

Would you recommend them as reputable sellers?

Thanks,

TT

You can PM me if you'd prefer not to answer on the board.

Latest posts