Just a suggestion...

Help Support CattleToday:

Muratic

Reaction score
OK, just a suggestion that would help those up us with a s l o w dial-up connection.

If you are going to post a picture in the thread that you start would ya'll PLEASE make a note of it in your title? Maybe just a (P) or something to that effect. and if you are going to add a pic to an existing thread...lower the dpi to 50 or something. We are not all gonna print every pic that is posted and if we wanna, pm the person and have them e-mail it to you at 300 dpi. Don't know about everyone else, but when I click on a thread with pics and I don't know it...it takes forever to load and it taked even longer to back out of it so I can go on. Please consider helping me out.

Thanks for your time :idea:
That is all the intelligence I have for today.

Can do.

I have DSL now and sometimes forget how slow it was with dial-up.

And please ... please, please - stop including the dammed photo in your quotes - we do not need to see it repeated over and over and over again- it doubles and triples the load time to us country folk - thanks

Bez

I am on dial up also and would appreciate what muratic and bez suggested. Thanks.

Agree! Likewise, please don't repeat photos in your replies. And, if someone wrote a "book" on a thread, probably just cut & paste for your quote/reply the sentence or phrase that is relevant.

We're on Satellite; mostly fast; however, sometimes things get slow too due to "lost in space" somewhere...lol.

Agree again, reduce the size of your photos before posting. I think if you use Photobucket it automatically reduces the size to a manageable size. A 600 x 800 photo should be the maximum one tries to post; preferably smaller.

JMO

This would really be helpful. I am also dialup at home and all those photo quotes really slows things down. I do most of my posting between jobs at work, cause its so slow at home.

If you click with the right mouse button on the title of a thread, you'll get the option of "open in a new window." If you select that and realize you've got something coming in slow and don't want to mess with it, you can then just close that window. You don't have to hit the "back" button. Be careful, though, or you'll have so many windows open it might slow your machine...

Agree! Likewise, please don't repeat photos in your replies. And, if someone wrote a "book" on a thread, probably just cut & paste for your quote/reply the sentence or phrase that is relevant

I'm on rural dial up from hell.

Those "book" quotes even freeze my pc up.

Photobucket does minimize photos automatically, thank good ness.

Thanks for a very good request Muratic.

I don't know about ya'll, but I'll take slow dial up from hell in the country where no houses are in front of me, none to the left, none behind me, and one to the right down the road that I can only see in the winter time through some trees , over cable modem in the middle of a subdivision in a big city. Anytime, with a cherry on top!