Just A Reminder

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Get your tetanus shot up to date.

I stepped on a rusty wire on Thursday night and got into convience care the next morning and it was already getting infected.
So after the x-rays to make sure nothing was left in my foot, got my tetanus and put on high powered antibiotics.

Need to remember it has to be updated in 5 years.

I thouthe it was H1N1---well,whatever it it I'm not gonna get it. Haven't had a flu shot ever,and haven't cauthe the flu in over 35 years.. Of course,now that I say that~~~~~~~~~
Mom and dad lived thro the big flu epidemic,so I think I got some immunity there--I did think that about cancer also-genetics and such--Oh well..

CKC1586":1k1rab8o said:
Good advise on the tetanus but I think I am more afraid of the M1N1 vaccine than the disease....
Cut my finger on a rusty machete. I squeezed it to make it bleed some, washed it with soap and water, put iodine on it an covered the small cut with a band aid.
I didn't know how long since the tetanus up date so figured I might as well go get a shot, er, ah , excuse me. An injection.

Went to one of those after hours clinic things and told them I wanted a tetnus shot as it had been a while since I had one.
Nurse wanted to know why I wanted one. (Brilliant question)
I told her about the cut and she had to take the band aid off to see it. Then she said the physicians assistant had to see it. (Just to get the shot?)

He looked at my finger and squeezes it until it started bleeding again and said I had to see the physician.(Just to get a shot?)

The physician looks at it (It as a slow night) and ponders as to use a butterefly bandage of suture. I said no suture necessary.

So after making it bleed again they put iodine on it and then the nurse uses some sort of contraption to wrap it up as big as ...well, you get the picture.

I reminded them about the tetanus shot and finally got it which is what I went in for.

They submitteed some humongus bill to the insurance company for all they had done. Insurance refused to pay the exessive charges. :clap: Obvious they intended to rip off the insurance company.

What happened to medical ethics? What has happened to plain old honesty and common sense
Wonder why medical and inurance costs are so high?

Oh well, change is on the way. :lol:

Yeah change is on the way Ryder. I could finally walk without the cane last night and promply stepped on a catnip filled, hard as a rock, cat toy. Same spot as the wire.
I did inform my son to pick up his cat's toys before bed. :D :lol2: Yes I can laugh about it now.

I took a horn to my mouth while preg testing last fall. The vet told me to go in and have it looked at. The first thing they did at the Doc's office was give me a tetanus shot. Was for any future mishaps I should have and because I couldn't remember when I had one last.

MistyMorning":of3rz668 said:
I took a horn to my mouth while preg testing last fall. The vet told me to go in and have it looked at. The first thing they did at the Doc's office was give me a tetanus shot. Was for any future mishaps I should have and because I couldn't remember when I had one last.

Huh??? :shock: You were on the wrong end of the cow. Bet you called them all "open". :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":wkojvxbo said:
MistyMorning":wkojvxbo said:

Huh??? :shock: You were on the wrong end of the cow. Bet you called them all "open". :lol2: :lol2:

HA HA HA! :roll: Smart Aleck!

TexasBred":12fyxjss said:
MistyMorning":12fyxjss said:

She must have awful long arms if she can preg check them from that end. :nod:

peg4x4":215g7n47 said:
I thouthe it was H1N1---well,whatever it it I'm not gonna get it. Haven't had a flu shot ever,and haven't cauthe the flu in over 35 years.. Of course,now that I say that~~~~~~~~~
Mom and dad lived thro the big flu epidemic,so I think I got some immunity there--I did think that about cancer also-genetics and such--Oh well..
Oh you are right Peg it is H1N1, sorry... :? I read a bunch of stuff on those vacs and there have been problems....

I asked my doctor about teatnus vaccine. He said he recommends it for folks doin work around ranches and farms because of all the nicks and scrpaes and outright injuries. For those folks with a more "indoor" lifestyle he says only as needed. I'm makin it a point to get mine done at my next doc visit.

Latest posts