Just a Pic

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
Out checking some of the cattle and riding the atv late this evening enjoying the weather and this young guy wanted some attention. So I gave him a rub on the nose and took a pic. Thought I'd share it. He's one of my favorite calves of 2016.

Lord, he had a nice calf. I get mine to do that, I'll make some money. Ha ha joking. Sorry

Hey, give me an easy time. His little brother just wanted some attention too and do what little brothers do ruin a good time. But I will say little bro is a pretty darn good calf.

Haven't noticed his head being any bigger than any other bull calf I've had. Must be the pic. I was probably to close. All his maternal brothers have sold private treaty off of the farm and always the first to go. All his maternal sisters were retained here to go back in the herd and are doing awesome. Dam ASA# 2379095 is the best cow on the place and if we were larger purebred breeders I would love to take embryo's from her and put in some more of our cows to get more progeny. Dam is sired by a TN State Fair Grand Champion. Calf combines Power Stroke, MR MT, Packin Heat, Ebonys Trademark, & Built Right genetics. Ran his projected epd's CE: came out at 9.6 BW: at 1.9 milk: at 25.1 API: 110.2 TI: 62.0. Anyway I'm debating on what calves to keep and what to let go. Already hauled 1 purebred heifer with the commercial calves to the auction barn. She was a nice one just didn't like fooling with many this go around.

Latest posts