Just a few pics

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
My connection is pathetic, not fast enough to upload a bunch of pictures at the same time.

But here goes. Most of these were taken a little while ago.

DSCF0095.jpg

Muley doe thinking about crossing the road

DSCF0090.jpg

The Pembina River outside of the town's golf course.

DSCF0260.jpg

I was very excited to get this shot...using the continuous shooting function on my camera was the only way I could get a great lightning strike photo like this.

I always enjoy your pics, thanks for taking the time. It's probably country I'll never see in person.

Thanks everyone.

LimousinGirl":3dphpquh said:
Hey, cool pics...and I like the lightening shot! I was just playing around the other day with a friend taking lightening shots, pretty amazing what you can get. :D

I have a question then...how does or did your friend get their lightning shots? I figure there has to be some other way of taking them than using the continuous shooting function. Is it all down to timing or is there something else? My camera's a Fuji S1000fd, if that helps any.

I actually didn't know how to do it till he showed me--we put it on a tripod and set the shutter speed REALLY slow, where the shutter would stay open for a long time, like 15-20 seconds sometimes. Really cool how it worked! And it was really pretty simple. You might have to adjust the aperture (sp?) some too.

Here's one of the shots we got:

lightening.jpg

Hope it works for you're camera, we shot using my Nikon D80, but you should be able to do it with yours. :)
Have fun! :D

WOW!! That is a beautiful shot, the way you captured the storm front coming in over the trees...and the colours! :clap: I'm keeping that on my desktop, if you don't mind. :D

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to keep that in mind next time we get a thunderstorm roll through tonight...supposed to be chance of one today anyway, so cross our fingers hope something comes my way.

Latest posts