Just a few pics

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
Had a little time to take some pics this evening.

Bull in his winter clothes.

IMG_22031111.jpg

IMG_22181111.jpg

Left him doing baby sitting duties

IMG_22221111.jpg

A cow who found something good to eat! :eek:

IMG_22071111.jpg

One with a itch.

IMG_2217111.jpg

A calf.

IMG_22101111.jpg

Some darned nice cattle. I like your bull a lot. He really carries his muscle down in his back legs.

Where's your snow? Our fields are bare but the 5 or 6" that we got all wound up in the low spots. I found a 35" deep drift with my truck this afternoon.

Don't you know it's not pc to raise them pretty red cows? ;-)

that is 1 fine looking bull.an you have some well bred cows.an the calves look real good as well.

3waycross":2fptarae said:
Some darned nice cattle. I like your bull a lot. He really carries his muscle down in his back legs.
Thanks, should have a few of his calves on the ground by the end of the month, we'll see how he does.

cfpinz":2vrhzq3n said:
Where's your snow? Our fields are bare but the 5 or 6" that we got all wound up in the low spots. I found a 35" deep drift with my truck this afternoon.

Don't you know it's not pc to raise them pretty red cows? ;-)

They said it would start snowing heavy here between 2 and 3pm, we didn't get any till 10pm, and by 11pm it was all over except for a few flurries in the morning. Ended up with about 1 1/2 inches. Had a big drift of about 3 inches on the steps to the deck, thought I was going to have to break out the shovel, but took care of it with a broom. :) I reckon you know that Ford not going to hold up driving through drifts like that, you're going to have to get you that Dodge if you want a truck you don't have to baby. :lol:

rocket2222":2on8grtd said:
I reckon you know that Ford not going to hold up driving through drifts like that, you're going to have to get you that Dodge if you want a truck you don't have to baby. :lol:

Ha! If one were to look real close in that second picture of yours, it would be evident that you're gettin ready to harness up that bull and use him to pull that Dudge off of that frozen cowpie! :lol2:

I wish my cows were that fat! It's been a dry winter here. Rocket, your bull is looking good! I know you're eagerly awaiting those first calves. Post some pictures of them when you get a chance.

George

cfpinz":3ksxeh20 said:
rocket2222":3ksxeh20 said:
I reckon you know that Ford not going to hold up driving through drifts like that, you're going to have to get you that Dodge if you want a truck you don't have to baby. :lol:

Ha! If one were to look real close in that second picture of yours, it would be evident that you're gettin ready to harness up that bull and use him to pull that Dudge off of that frozen cowpie! :lol2:

Now you're confusing a Dudge wit a Cheby, Cheby would need the bull to pull it out. Just throw the bull in the bed for a little extra traction with the Dudge, that extra weight makes it ride a little nicer too. :)

Herefords.US":2ifksqpu said:
I wish my cows were that fat! It's been a dry winter here. Rocket, your bull is looking good! I know you're eagerly awaiting those first calves. Post some pictures of them when you get a chance.

George

We've been dry here too, only had about a third of the normal snowfall, and we are down about 4 inches on rain since Jan 1st. But I'm not relying on rain for winter pasture, grass more or less stops growing here about the end of September. So, for the most part they've done well with just getting hay, except for one 2 year old, [ Online grand daughter, should have known better :) ] who will get hauled to town shortly. George, I'm eagerly awaiting pics of calves from your new bull, do you have any calves on the ground by him yet.

braunvieh":3kfcxoxf said:
A very nice set of cattle, I love the muscle on the bull. What frame score is he?

I really don't know, If I have measured him, I've done forgot. I'm guessing he's in the mid 6's for a frame score

Latest posts