Just a few Calves for all to look at.

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
Just some calves, fairly happy with them as a group, not the best calves at this point but better than last year I think.

Tag 924 November heifer out of the walking bull (Sydgen Process 4846) and a CC&7 daughter

Tag 911 October heifer out of Sydgen Wake up Call and a Connealy Courage daughter

Tag 906 October Bull Calf out of Process 4846, 3 straight generations of walking bulls in this calf's pedigree. Probably the best bull calf this year.

Tag 903 Another October Wake heifer this one out of a Sydgen Trust daughter

Tag 907 A third October wake heifer this one out of a Oneills Lucky Boy daughter.

Thanks everyone. The bull calf is pretty solid, shame he will be a steer in May. I sure cant use the calf because of the pedigree, he would be related to 60% of the cows on the place in the first 3 generations. Here is another heifer I think will be pretty solid.. November heifer out of the Sydgen Process 4846 bull, out of a good Wake up Call daughter..

I think that bull should keep his nuts. Would make someone a good herd bull.

Kentuckyguy,
Even with pretty average EPDs? That is what he will have: decent BW EPD pretty much breed average for growth, above average for milk..

Parent averages would put him at
CED 9
BW 0.6
WW 53
YW 90
Milk 28

He did ratio 85 for BW so he would definitely be heifer friendly.

I like that heifer too. If I were closer and in the market for a bull I would be trying to talk you out of making him a steer.

I appreciate that Ky hills, had a neighbor over today he saw some steers today and told me I should be not cutting everything.. This market down here is tough.. A lot of people down here think a sale barn bull and a bull like that should be about the same price.

Gizmom seems to do pretty well but they have worked their butt off cultivating a very good reputation to go with good cattle.

That last November heifer has a very pretty and productive cow. Lots of cows are one or the other but she is both. She will stay here if she keeps coming on like this..

I agree with the others that it'd be a shame to cut that bull. Looks like a worthy herd bull candidate, but I also know that it can be a PITA to market a bull. I have a Kawasaki 4 wheeler just like yours. That's a bullet proof machine with tons of power!

I'm not saying he will be a highly expensive bull but I bet there's some cattlemen he would make happy.

Should be able to get 25-40% more than he will bring as a steer.

jscunn said:
I appreciate that Ky hills, had a neighbor over today he saw some steers today and told me I should be not cutting everything.. This market down here is tough.. A lot of people down here think a sale barn bull and a bull like that should be about the same price.

Gizmom seems to do pretty well but they have worked their butt off cultivating a very good reputation to go with good cattle.

That last November heifer has a very pretty and productive cow. Lots of cows are one or the other but she is both. She will stay here if she keeps coming on like this..

Around here I see a lot of bulls not in the class with that one that folks are really proud of when pricing. Then you always have those that want to pay stockyard prices for top bulls too, it's a hard business to be in sometimes. You have some really good cattle.

Thanks I appreciate that, I could just be a world class photographer too?? LOL They wont be as good as the 2017 crop but better than 2018 I think. No superstars on the heifer side, but consistent. The bull calves are pretty salty this year, but I showed you the best one I think..

I always enjoy seeing your calves js. I'll have to get busy and get some photos of mine up. They are a couple of months older, born July/August.

Ken

Latest posts