Just a clarification, Hereford Cross and Ga. Prime...

Help Support CattleToday:

ranchwife2006

Reaction score
What exactly about my post do you consider "advertising"? I'm linking to my blog, from which I make zero money, nor do I attempt to. There is no advertising on my blog. I just thought, because this is a cattle board, there would be some on here that might enjoy looking at the ranch-related photos I have. And indeed, I have received some nice comments and emails from some people who've enjoyed what I've posted.

Not sure why you wouldn't just decide not to look at them if you're not interested?

Again, if I've violated the rules in some way I'm not aware of, please let me know. As you can see, I'm a relatively new member here and didn't join to ruffle anyone's feathers, yours included.

RW06-

The problem is you post only links to your blog. And you make the same post in every forum. You have not contributed to anything on Cattle Today either in the form of questions, comments, or information. In fact, this is the only time I've seen you respond to anything.

What does your blog have to do with Tips and Tricks that make farm / ranch life easier and cheaper?

I am new here and am not privvy to the ins and outs of the boards. I wasn't aware that it isn't kosher to cross-post on different boards (just wanted to offer it to some folks who might only visit one board), nor did I think it was a requirement to post questions and answers on any of the boards (I don't have any expertise to offer, just light, enjoyable photos) in order to post photos.

Honestly? My only motivation posting here has been to share photos and/or videos of specific ranch-related activities. I just figured if people aren't interested, they won't read.

On a more constructive note, I wonder if a private message might be more effective in situations like this? Maybe give the poster the benefit of the doubt, esp. new ones like myself, and enlighten them as to the board rules without making very public---and sometimes hostile---shout-outs for everyone to read.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.

Speaking just for myself. I could probably enjoy your pics and clips except for one small problem. It's called freaking dial-up at 26.4 kbps. Your 4 minute video would take about 30 minutes to download. :( Z

Blech. Hey, if you ever have the opportunity to switch, I'd sure recommend HughesNet, which is high speed satellite internet. It'll never be as fast as DSL, but it's worlds better than the dial-up I used to have, which made internet surfing miserable for me.

'Course, it's more expensive than dial-up, but I'd rather have it than food. :)

Milliron, hey that's the same speed I have, 26.4. Except when it's 14.4. Or 9.6. OK, I redial if it gets that low. Ranchwife, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Keep on postin' mama. I thought you were one of those fly-by- night browsers. 8)

As has been said in the past, this is a "family friendly board" and a link to a picture with a narative about how soft calf nut sacs are. Myself I slice 'em and send 'em down the road, I don't cuddle with the body parts of calves. The women's right movement accomplished it's goal years ago. We all know that women are capable of doing any and all jobs around the farm/ranch, there are many women on here who know more than I ever will!