Just a big pet!

Help Support CattleToday:

jgn

Reaction score
Working EMS today and got a call for assistance from our local E.R. to help immombilize a patient that was getting ready to be flown out. Her injuries were from an attack by a 2000# bull. Numerous broken bones, bruises inside and out. Luckily her husband came up from the back field and saw the bull pushing her around on the ground, he shot the bull dead to stop the attack. While standing beside him as they were loading his wife into the chopper I asked if they raised and sold cattle. His reply, "no it was just a big pet". No matter how gentle DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK ON ANY CATTLE AND NEVER TRUST A BULL NO MATTER HOW GENTLE. I know we are reminded of this often but time to remind again.

Just my opinion, but anyone thinks they have a pet Bull are fooling themselves. Cow too, for that matter.

fitz

Wow, thats really sad glad she made it out alive, I showed bulls for a few years and they were the tamest creatures ever but I would never trust one of them as far as I could throw em', unpredictable.

Yea, now that my calves are getting bigger, I really have to watch myself. They will beat you to death just trying to get to the feed. I got knocked down two summers ago and it opened up some stitches I had and I had to have some bed rest. You really can't be too careful.

:shock: I was "attacked" by a dutch belt bull that was bottle raised by someone. My father in law bought the bull and put him in the pasture wtih my cows. I had gone into the pasture and before I could get out, he had tossed me into the air.
I landed near the barbwire fence and scrambled over the fence,
but not until he had rammed his head into my knees pressing
into the barb wire. I have the scars to prove it. That was
25 years ago and to this day I will NOT go into a lot with a bull
unless someone is along with a shotgun or the equilvant of! :roll: Never, ever turn your back on a bull-- Or a jack! :shock:

each year, around branding time, our little ER sees countless injuries from cattle....intentional and otherwise...you know..the broken arms from getting them slammed in chutes, broken ribs from a well-aimed kick, etc., etc!! rodeo time in our little town is always a "wait and see" day at the hospital...I have had the "pleasure" of working the last few July 4th rodeos and ya never know "when", but you know sooner or later you will see a bull rider come in via our little volunteer EMS!!

Latest posts